Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's my best options?

I know you've probably all heard this question dozens of times, but I'm forced to ask it yet again:

I'm looking at lifting my jeep. I thinking about a 2-2.5" lift. I'm not much of a rock crawler so I doubt I need to go 4 or 6." regardless, what are my best options? what is cost efficient but still worthwhile? I've seen a lot of places offering spacers and whatnot, but I want to make sure. and also, what size tires can I get on my rig with only a 2" lift?
    98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

Ive got 2 1/2" of suspension and 1" of body...I can fit 33's. without the 1" body, you can get 32's in there...but itll be tight, and youll probably get some rubbing. Rule of thumb, 1" for every inch of lift over the first inch.
    0-1"=31's
    2"=32's
    3"=33's
    etc

RE makes a pretty good lift, I wouldnt recommend Rancho. I had some problems with my control arm (which have now been replaced) and after several attempts, the promised to replace them for me. They took my address...and said theyd have them out to me...nothin. I called and left multiple messages...nothin...no returned calls or anything.

Hope that helps. .
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

If you keep your eyes peeled, you can usually find good deals on used suspention parts on the different boards. I pieced a XJ 4.5 inch lift together for about $500. Good luck!
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I usually do not plug merchants but these guys have been awesome and their prices are hard to beat. I highly recommend you giving them a call and check out there prices.

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
        X