Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension upgrade suggestion

Hello,

I would like to ask some suggestion or opinions on which brand of suspension brand should I get for my TJ? I will be purchasing it from 4wheelonline, which I have some discount coupons from them. Right now I'm eye for Fabtech or Procomp kits anyone uses this brand how was it?

Stay clear of ProComp. Ask Mike why.
    Check out .

Comment

I think it all depends on what your looking for. Each brand offers different pieces and parts. Here's an old link that will give you some idea of each one.

http://www.jeepreviews.com/jeep-part...t-kit-reviews/

Between the 2 you listed I would say FabTech though.
      Last edited by Trailabite; 02-17-15, 12:06 PM. Reason: update

Comment

If you want short arm, hard to go wrong with Currie
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I had a Pro Comp lift. The only things left are the springs because they were the only decent part. Go with the Currie or Savvy lifts. They may cost a little more up front, but you'll only spend your money once instead of redoing everything later on.
          "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]I'm not sure anyone else noticed, but the gentleman was looking at 4wheelonline.com because he has a discount for the site. I looked at their options and from what I could see the best options there are Genright or Old Man Emu. Genright is kinda pricey and OME may require you to source some items separately (not sure they sell a full kit). You're looking a Pro-Comp & FabTech because they are less expensive I assume. Remember with Jeeps & parts you generally get what you pay for. Pro-Comp is cheap, in every aspect of the word. You WILL replace parts before you feel you should have to. FabTech started out as a cheap bolt-on company for small trucks, but their products have gotten better over the years (so I'm told.) Between the two I would say FabTech only because I've seen the ProComp stuff fail and FabTech is kind of a wildcard unknown to me.

Hope this helps.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Oh right, they might not carry Currie
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR="#800000"]I'm not sure anyone else noticed, but the gentleman was looking at 4wheelonline.com because he has a discount for the site. I looked at their options and from what I could see the best options there are Genright or Old Man Emu. Genright is kinda pricey and OME may require you to source some items separately (not sure they sell a full kit). You're looking a Pro-Comp & FabTech because they are less expensive I assume. Remember with Jeeps & parts you generally get what you pay for. Pro-Comp is cheap, in every aspect of the word. You WILL replace parts before you feel you should have to. FabTech started out as a cheap bolt-on company for small trucks, but their products have gotten better over the years (so I'm told.) Between the two I would say FabTech only because I've seen the ProComp stuff fail and FabTech is kind of a wildcard unknown to me.

Hope this helps.[/COLOR]
                Fabtech's Jeep lifts are just as bad as Pro Comp. Looking at that site, the only bolt on style kit that I'd consider would be RockKrawler.

I'm not sure what kind of discount you're getting there, but it probably won't add up to the cost of a second lift when you figure out that the one you bought sucks and you end up replacing it.

When I first got my Jeep and didn't know any better, I put on a ProComp lift because I got a killer deal on it. That "killer deal" ended up costing me a lot more money as I've slowly replaced those parts over the years.

Spend your money once and do it right, discount or not. JMHO
                "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I personally like the rock krawler kit I put under my xj. It's a 3 link long arm kit that I got from one of the other members here. It's been on for several yrs and haven't had any failures yet...and trust me when I say...im abusive on my rig. My other choice would be Rubicon kits. That was under my xj before I went 3 link. It was satisfactory in my opinion, but it was also my first jeep experience and I wasn't quite as aggressive as I am now.
                  Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Also...I forgot to ask this...what are your plans for the Jeep? I noticed you're from Tampa, Florida. What kind of off road adventures do you have planned? If you're looking to do some serious terrain, you should listen to these guys. If you're planning some dirt roads and occasional sand running on beaches...a Pro-Comp would look good and may hold up longer than our experiences here.[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

curry question?????

[COLOR="#800000"]Also...I forgot to ask this...what are your plans for the Jeep? I noticed you're from Tampa, Florida. What kind of off road adventures do you have planned? If you're looking to do some serious terrain, you should listen to these guys. If you're planning some dirt roads and occasional sand running on beaches...a Pro-Comp would look good and may hold up longer than our experiences here.[/COLOR]
                      Looking to replace tie rod ends on my currie suspension.has anybody went to the local parts store and purchased them there.????? Is that even possible .I would appreciate the help or its off to corona on my next day off.thanks .

Comment

curry question?????

Looking to replace tie rod ends on my currie suspension.has anybody went to the local parts store and purchased them there.????? Is that even possible .I would appreciate the help or its off to corona on my next day off.thanks .

Comment

4wheelparts sells Currie stuff I think, maybe call up their Redondo or Compton locations. Although I guess for you in huntington, that may not be much closer than Corona.

Comment

tie rods

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                            4wheelparts sells Currie stuff I think, maybe call up their Redondo or Compton locations. Although I guess for you in huntington, that may not be much closer than Corona.
                            I was hoping that somebody knew cross reference numbers-year , make , model of a vehicle that would fit instead of only currie parts .trying to save some bucks here.the drive doesnt hurt as much as the price for tie rods .hoping to get a better deal .

Comment

They are only available from Currie. You can try calling Gerald at Savvy. He can probably get them and he's in Tustin. Nothing at a parts store will work.
                              Last edited by 4xfiend; 02-23-15, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X