Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE 3.5 Superflex lift

I have finally made my decision on which lift to get, going for the RE 3.5 Superflex.

I know RE recommends a SYE but is it need or does it very from Jeep to Jeep?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I am fairly sure its necessary due to drive shaft angle. You may have to go with the t-case lowering kit to get you by if your not going for the sye right now.
    ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

You'll need it. I put a 3.5" kit on my tj a few weeks ago. Actual lift came out to 4" over stock. Even with a SYE the U-joints were at such an angle that I had to put a CV driveshaft in it. Without the sye, the problem would have been even worse. While you are at it, it is the perfect time to go with a 4:1 gearset in the t-case as well. Yes, it costs more $$$ than you planned.....just empty every pocket.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

it is different for every Jeep. I have the RE 3.5'' SF and got close to 4.5''. I droped the T-case during the install and i don't have any vibes at all(no SYE). i would say lift it, test drive it, then if you need it order it but if you don't you saved some money
        2000 TJ
        RE 3.5 Superflex

Comment

Well in my case I had no choice but to do the SYE & CV shaft due to my Skidrow Eng./Trans. skid plate. I could not use the T-case drop kit since the skid plate uses one of the front lower control arm bolts plus clamps to the existing t-case skid plate. One other issue was the Dana 44 diff. It make for a shorter shaft already. Your looking at probably one of the best kits but be prepared to (JEEP) as said above to Just-Empty-Every-Pocket. Nature of the Beast.

B&T TJ

Comment

As I did exactly that same deal to our yeollw TJ . We did the nth Deg belly up , no way to get around that tcase mod and DC driveshaft. I thinnk Tcase drops are a joke:-)

Comment

Working...
            X