Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Belly up/Long arm Lifts

I have 2 questions.
    1) Is anyone using the Teraflex Pro LCG long arm kit? If so would you recommend it? Pro's/Con's, that sort of info.

2) Are there any other kits out there that are belly up and long arm? I am awhere of separate belly up kits, and using builder parts to make a long arm kit. But for the purposes of this thread, I'm interested in complete kits, like the TeraFlex.

Thanks for any help
    It was like that when I got here.

I passed on this guys Nth degree long arm that includes a belly up...$2600. he's in LA

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...-Jeep-TJ-Parts!

Comment

[QUOTE=one_crf_pilot;227592]I passed on this guys Nth degree long arm that includes a belly up...$2600. he's in LA

Personally, and that's personally, I HATE anything that TeraFlex puts out... I jumped on their band wagon back in 97/98 when they put out the very 1st tj (articulating/adjustable) control arm lift. Talk about a POS! Overpriced, under-engineered and the customer is the guinea pig. At the time I paid something like 1100.00 for a adj short arm lift. sway bar disco's were total crap, the arms threads were like a jack screw with no lock nut, shocks were junk.. The whole thing put a terrible taste in my mouth. And customer service sucked as well as no offer for a return.

I hear stories about their TeraLow grenading all the time... Personally, I stay away from that company. Their development team is their customer and their price tag is through the roof.

It's sad to say but the best long arm lift you can get is one that is hodge-podged from various companies. A lil of this and a lil of that. It's all opinion about which company is best. SA is Currie w/o a doubt. Long arm? That's debatable. I say have it built with JJ's at all 16 points and tri - link the rear. Coil overs, antirocks, outboard the rear and pretty much be done! Ive gone through 3 lifts now and my next one will be just as I mentioned. Right now I'm mostly RE LA with some tweaking here and there. So far so good. My steering and sway bars are Currie, my shocks are Bilstein 7100's, and my arms and springs are RE. Do use the Currie front track bar and a stock pitman arm with a 4" lift. VERY VERY little bumpster if any at all.

I know I haven't helped you to much in way of a complete kit. Maybe Clayton. Simple and to the point. Uses JJ's. I hear some people swear by them and some people swear at them. I'd go with a Clayton LA upgrade kit, find a belly up skid, get coil overs and your off to a damn good start. 1700.00 for the LA upgrade kit.
      Last edited by brokenujoint; 09-07-13, 11:50 AM.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

In the end there isn't a single company that makes a suspension kit that's worth the money that whey want for it that is suited well for hardcore rock crawling. Plain and simple, if there is one, I sure haven't seen it yet

Comment

Thanks. Although I never said I wanted this for "hard core" wheel'n. I started this thread, for a friend. (Amazing, it 2013, and he doesn't have a computer. LOL)

He wants a solid, capable LA lift that can handle, a place like Cougar Butts, with confidence. He's not looking to attack, Backdoor. He has an LJ Rubi, and wants to run 35's. With that wheelbase I think a belly up is the way to go. Unfortunately, other then TF, and the Nth kits, there doesn't seem to be any other choices out there, for an all inclusive kit. Been doing alot of research.

Comment

The one guy that's selling his Nth degree lift, did you text him? Rangerrick send him a text, it's a lot of dough for a used lift but it's one of the better ones made

AEV Nth Degree Mobility TJ or LJ with mods, 6" long arm lift kit complete including tummy tucker and all extras in great shape and newer gyro joint urethane bushings replaced recently.
            Dog leg chromolly lower control arms
            Bilstein 5100 shocks will be included
            New and improved front chromolly track bar and brace assembly with heim joint will be included
            Goodridge extended quality brake lines included
            armored tummy tucker skid plate included
            can be welded or bolted on to your Jeep, you decide how permanent you want it
            $2250, half price of a new kit

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              The one guy that's selling his Nth degree lift, did you text him? Rangerrick send him a text, it's a lot of dough for a used lift but it's one of the better ones made

AEV Nth Degree Mobility TJ or LJ with mods, 6" long arm lift kit complete including tummy tucker and all extras in great shape and newer gyro joint urethane bushings replaced recently.
              Dog leg chromolly lower control arms
              Bilstein 5100 shocks will be included
              New and improved front chromolly track bar and brace assembly with heim joint will be included
              Goodridge extended quality brake lines included
              armored tummy tucker skid plate included
              can be welded or bolted on to your Jeep, you decide how permanent you want it
              $2250, half price of a new kit
              Yes my buddy has been in touch with him for awhile now. I will be going with my friend to look at the kit, as soon as our schedules can sinc.

I wanted to do my due dilagence, and see if someone out there has found something that I couldn't. Thats why I started this thread. Learning from others experiences, is one of the great things about MJR.
              Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 09-09-13, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X