Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outboarding the rear shocks is on the list for stability reasons (and the stupid lowhanging mounts), but I don't see how it will help the jacking problem with the front axle. With the short arms, the geometry of the arms is what causes the front axle to push back (forcing the frame up), rather than letting the tire climb the step. I am considering restricting the droop on the front to help keep the arms from dropping to such drastic angles, which should help the jacking problem.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
      Outboarding the rear shocks is on the list for stability reasons (and the stupid lowhanging mounts), but I don't see how it will help the jacking problem with the front axle. With the short arms, the geometry of the arms is what causes the front axle to push back (forcing the frame up), rather than letting the tire climb the step. I am considering restricting the droop on the front to help keep the arms from dropping to such drastic angles, which should help the jacking problem.
      The shock in a more upright and vertical position allows for its full damping potential to take place. While I agree that you are fighting arm geometry, axle damping is also your friend.

I notice you are not a swaybar advocate as well and I don't mean for that as a means to limit droop as you suggest.

Comment

Actually, I am a advocate of swaybars, particularly on the front of a vehicle drivin on the street. I am not sure if I want one while off roading yet. The Currie Anti-rock seems to work well, but I am concerned about it being to soft on the street for my driving habits. I am considering my options with regards to sway bars......partially as a method to limit droop on the front. There are several other areas of my suspension that need to be addressed before the swaybars. Of course, I am very seriously considering retiring the jeep to easy trails and street use. I need to find something more suitable for my trail needs.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
        X