Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Hi all, I`m the new guy on the block. I hope you guys can help me. I don`t know a lot about lift kits, and I am new to the 4x4 world. I bought a 2012 Rubicon 4 door with heavy bush bumpers front and back, and running boards by Smitty Built. tires are 35`s by 12.5 on a 1.5 rev tech lift. I have already brought the jeep back because my rear tires are rubbing. the dealers solution was to cut my after market fenders to make a little room, it didn`t work, and I am bottoming out front and back, from moderate trail riding. I need to know what the minimum lift should be to accommodate the weight of the bumpers, and size of the tires. all this work was done by the dealer, I probably don`t have to tell you how much I have into this, they built a monster, but so far it won`t go anywhere close to where I had my stock 2007 Sahara.
    Last edited by Gravy; 10-21-12, 08:07 AM.

Shocks and bump stops need to match wheel travel. Bit more lift probably wouldn't hurt.
    Having a Jeep dealer built a Jeep for offroading isn't the best place to have it done.

Comment

I agree, in this case they had already put this together before I picked it up. Now I just want them to do the job right. The factory spring just cant handle the weight of bumpers and winch. I think it would help with the word of some enthusiasts as to what size a lift I should have.

Comment

You need as little lift as possible for the tires and terrain you want to run, pretty good evasive answer eh.
        JK's do not need a lot of lift to run 35's. Actually for some ideas of where to go with your Jeep look on
        Here Mr Savvy Gerald did a pretty nice fairly mild build on a 2012 4 door JK. You might see some stuff you like in that thread

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...-mule-1375689/

Comment

ty for your reply, I just got back from the dealer, looks like they are going to rectify the problem by installing a 3 inch Mopar lift kit, I will look at the link you gave me just the same though

Comment

I try not to add my:2: after someone has given good advice like Art has. But there is one thing you should think about; keep the weight down to a minimum on the Jeep. Those huge bumpers and unnecessary armor, anything that you don't absolutely need on the Jeep should be scrapped. Go light; you'll be much happier with the ride, the performance on and off road, and you'll ususally save a little (I said a little) money in the long run...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Is the main reason I pointed to the little main man Gerald

Comment

On my JK (2 door) I only added the 1 3/4 inch Daystar lift. I run 35 inch tires. I had to do a bit of trimming at the front of the rear wheel well opening. It will barely touch if I am pretty crossed up. No issues at front.
                Rich

Comment

Working...
                X