Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TJ front exhaust can be modified to clear a pass side UCA. That would never stop me from doing a DT4L. Bumpsteer would. As for the pinion yoke hitting the UCA--what the heck is heck is up with that!? That doesn't sound like flex, that sounds like slop.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

As far as room in the back. The gas tank will be placed in the tub. Also instead of the work modifying the rear frame to make it work. I think it would be alot easier to cut the frame in front of the wheels and build a new rear frame section.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

If you are going with a tube frame in the rear coilover it with the coilovers on top of the axle and angled in, so they are at a 90 degree angle or close to that at full flex. I am sure you will come up with something sweet. Will be cool to see er go at the Hammers and on some Arizona trails

Comment

Are you talking about full flex on one side or both? Or one side up and the other down?:confused2 I'm brain dead.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

90* on the full droop side.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Full stuff one side, full droop on the other side

Comment

So it's 90* on the stuff side, if the tops are angled in?

Comment

Art, by "angled in" you mean the bottom of the coilover angled forward, like on your rig, right? "In" could be construed as inboard.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

nope what I mean is coilover on top of the axle as far out as possible and then the upper part of it moved towards the center of the vehicle so that when the wheel is at full stuff that side the coilover is close to a 90 degree angle to the axle.
                    Here is the simple stupid version of what I am trying to get across

Last edited by aw12345; 08-13-12, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Okay, your picture totally makes sense, but I'd call that angled out. I don't think I've ever seen shocks angled in at the bottom at ride height (except maybe on a Ghetto Fab and Hack Jobs thread), so I thought you must have meant making the shock 90* relative to the LCA at full droop.
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

Angled in, angled out it's all semantics, 90 degree at full stuff it is lol

Comment

One thing still puzzles me about your sketch, Art--do you really think he should use a Dana 35?? :cactus::cactus:
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

You know Curtis cad leadfoot it with anything he's the man and whacha talking about Willis it's a Ford 9" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                              The TJ front exhaust can be modified to clear a pass side UCA. That would never stop me from doing a DT4L. Bumpsteer would. As for the pinion yoke hitting the UCA--what the heck is heck is up with that!? That doesn't sound like flex, that sounds like slop.
                              I set the pinion too close to the UCA not expecting anything to have even a small amount of movement.

And forget everything I have said before... didn't realize you were building the frame and moving the tank... that changes everything.

Comment

Sure looks like a 35 to me, what with that distinctive oval housing bent sideways all--but whatever you say
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X