Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear track bar

on a 93 yj, is a rear track bar necessary?

No. As long as your bushings are in good shape, pull it. Don't pitch it until you're comfortable with how it handles on the street. I pulled mine when I had 31's and stock shackles with a Rancho 2 1/2" lift. It was sweet. I put 33's and longer shackles on and it started wagging like a dog's tail at any speed over 25. It was scary. I put it back in. Then I put new poly bushings in the frame and rear spring eyes and put a stiffener in the shackles. I pulled it out again and it's been awesome.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

mine has never had one ( it was removed when i bought it) and i am running 33's and it is a little squirrley at speeds over 45 or so nothing i cant deal with, just wanted to know if it was a needed item. thanks man

Comment

I've said it before, please pick my brain. I don't use it. Some guys will claim that poly bushings kill flex. My experience is when using greaseable shackle bolts, they flex just fine and provide a great deal of stability. I'd rather be safe at 70mph than know I can get that last 1/4" of droop.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

I agree with 6spdYJ. When I had my 95yj, I ran, poly's on the frame side, and rubber's on the spring side of the shackles. That helped soften the ride, all poly's can give you. I ditched my rear trackbar, after installing new bushings. Never had a prob.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
          X