Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyjacker Monolinear Leaf Springs???

Has anyone heard any good or bad news on the Skyjacker Monolinear kit or know from experience how it is? (Flex wise, break easily???...) My friend is trying to decide if he wants them. I told him go with RE!!

SkyJacker 6" MonoLinear Kit

Well,
    Here is feedback from one guy who has been running the MonoLinear spring kit from SkyJacker for nearly 2 years now. For a low cost (under a grand), kit that bolts right on, I LOVE EM! They give MegaFlex for a simple basic bolt on kit and I have wheeled The Rubicon and many more of the toughest trails in North America. NO breaks, NO bends, NO problems whatsoever. I was the expiriment because nobody else had these @ the time. Everyone was afraid of sag, breakage, weakness and frankly... NONE of this happened to me. I have 35" tires, 9" Hi-Pinion Ford axles and locked front and rear. with a HEAVY trail rig. No sign of problems as of yet and 21,500 4X4 (trail) Miles and counting. In fact, I just got back from The Rubicon Trail again last week and my 95' YJ (Black Betty Bam-Ba-Lam!) performed like a Dream. If you want NO WELDING, NO FABRICATION & BOLT ON then this kit may be for you. If you can weld, You may want to do a SOA conversion to give you the same kind of lift on SkyJacker 4" Military Wrap Kit.

Parts included with kit:

New FRONT track bar.
    New U bolts F & R (fit D30-D35,D44 axles)
    New bump stops ( I tossed em cause I have limit straps & C.O. Shocks
    New Brake lines front & rear
    New boomerang shackles rear
    New tow shackles Front with tow pins
    New Quick disconnects for front swaybar
    1 1/2" drop pan kit for bellypan (tossed mine, HiP axles, CV Driveshafts)
    Rear track bar re-location brackets & bolts (tossed, bar not desireable for serious offroad articulation)
    Note, all shackles were greaseable type fittings
    New poly bushings for everything....

Took about 2 days in the garage to bolt on.....
    MUST use of Short-Shaft CV kit on rear Driveshaft. :lightning
    SkyJacker Customer Service Was TOPS!
    Rubicon Rick
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
    X