Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my steering linkage.

Couple weeks ago I went to the pick a Part and got steering linkage for my yj from a zj grand Cherokee seeing it was beefier and thinking it would work. Does it infact work? It seems like its too long from the pitman arm to the right tierod end

The tierod works on tj's. If you want to use the draglink I think its too long for a tj but a regular xj should be the same I believe. Not sure all this relates to your yj though.

Comment

they TJ box is lower then the XJ box.

If I recall correctly the YJ is the same as TJ and the ZJ is the same as the ZJ, in lenghts.
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

I got the toe adjustment right. But the drag link is the long part that doesn't fit even when adjusted to the "shortest" as it'll go

Comment

Yea pretty sure a v8 grand cherokee ZJ draglink is definatly longer than a tj. I am sure somebody around here has a stock tj one they can give you. Or go to the jy and get a stock xj one Im pretty sure they are the same length as a tj.

Comment

I have a stock TJ draglink you can have if it will work for you. I'm not sure if it does, but if ya want to ty it...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

The zj and xj are the same for sure. It's considered and upgrade for us xj guys. Not sure about yj or tj though.

Comment

Working...
              X