Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb

Ok so i ordered my 2" BB. Today im gettin all the stuff ready so when i get it i can just throw it all on there. I took the rear swap bar off and checked the U bolts which were not too hard to loosen. I checked out the bolts that attach the rear leaf spring and those stupid things wont budge!! what is that stuff called that people are always talkin about putting on to loosen bolts? And anyone have any other advice for putting in the BB, it has 2 inch front coil spacers, rear shackles and a 1/2" block for the rear.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

PB Blaster, spray it down a day before or 2. BB's are easy. I dont think you'll have any problems.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

PB Blaster thats it!! thanks chris
      B R E T T

Comment

WEll i couldnt find pb blaster so i got some other stuff, and let me tell you...those bolts for the rear leafs are HARD to get off, i needed to use half of my aluminum jack handle to get those things to move and even with that it took me about 20 min to get each one of those stupid things off, but it worked. So as soon as i get my stuff im ready!
        B R E T T

Comment

Yes, the torque spec for 9/16" u-bolts is 100 ft-lb, I think it's 85 ft-lb for 1/2" which is probably what you have. It makes it worse when they haven't moved in 15 years... Make sure you torque the new ones correctly, and be sure to retighten after driving a bit. They almost always loosen up, especially when they are new.
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Thanks Rick, will do.
            B R E T T

Comment

ok how in the world are you supposed to get the coil spacers on!?!?!?! there is this little lip and the spacer wont fit over it:mad: :mad: :mad: do i have to grind it of??
              B R E T T

Comment

the lip on the bumpstop?

If so, I think they are thread on. Get a pipe wrench or something and clamp it down to the metal cup and crank off on it. It should thread out. IIRC.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

ok got that down....they looked welded on so i didnt even think of trying to get em off with a pipe wrench. Is this possible to get the coils on without a spring compressor???
                  B R E T T

Comment

ok i have my LCAs disconnected and my shocks disconnected at the axle mount. Full droop...and there is noooo way im gettin the springs on. SO i figure i need a spring compressor. Where can i get one?? Or if you have any other ideas to try ill deffinately give it a shot. This is confusing/angering:confused: :mad:
                    B R E T T

Comment

IT IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!! It took me a while to figure out how to get the front coils back on but i used a bottle jack and was able to get the axle further away from the frame. so its done...I guess it looks like any other BB just a little higher in the front, and a little higher in the back.
                      B R E T T

Comment

CONGRATS! pics!
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ok this first pic here isnt really helpfull in checkin out the lift but there are 2 things important in it. First there is my new Diff guard which is pretty cool and second....well i'll have to thank tam for this one, its the home made discos

And now here are the rest of the pics...Its kinda hard to tell that its higher cuz i cant find the pics of before and its only 2 inches but i can tell its higher when i get in

Ill have to find something to flex on....any ideas?
                          B R E T T

Comment

Flex pics are customarily taken with a wheel in a rut or on top of a rock. However if you want to figure how much flex you have in a sub/urban setting, you can try the following:

Try a loading dock where the big rigs need to back down an incline to the dock. Carefully put a front tire on the retaining wall and walk forward.

Alternatively, find a set of concrete steps up and put a 1x8 or other board on it and crawl up it.

Forklift.

Click here to calculate your RTI

HTH
                            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                              PB Blaster, spray it down a day before or 2. BB's are easy. I dont think you'll have any problems.
                              Whenever chris comes over, I spray him down with PB blaster...and keep him the hell away from my vice
                              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Working...
                              X