Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Outdoor Logic

Took me sometime to finally get the jeep out after Jim at Outdoor Logic installed my RE long arm kit,SYE,DS,ARB, etc. Well I am really happy with the way it performed. Jim did a great job and his customer service has been excellent. Did some of Dishpan and some other trails outside Arrowhead. The articulation was very smooth and the locker worked well.

Steve

BTW I woul also like to add that 4X4 Groupbuy and RE both stunk as far as customer service. Here is a letter I sent after multiple calls and emails. Oh yeah. No response to the letter or emails. Here it is...
    To whom it may concern,
    I am writing to follow up on recent issues the install shop (Outdoor Logic) I hired, encountered with parts purchased from Rubicon Express and Superior Gear, through 4x4Groupbuy. The Superior Gear master install kit does not have axle seals, the RE Extreme Duty Long Arm kit has the incorrect passenger side control arm and the track bar was too long and had to be manipulated to fit correctly. I would also like to note that the shocks ordered with the RE lift did not come with the kit and were apparently backordered, but nobody said anything about it. I believe that RE should have contacted their customers to have the lift kits at least checked for correct arm and informed the customer that the shocks were backordered. Luckily the Track bar was able to be made to fit by the shop. More importantly, the issue is that Outdoor Logic had to postpone other work and may have lost work, due to the fact that they had to wait for the correct control arm. The shop opened the lift and believed all the parts were in the boxes and correct. The arm was in the correct part number box but was the wrong part. My hope is that RE or 4x4Groupbuy can make this right with the shop and send them a part such as shocks that could be sold by the shop to help recoup losses. I had recently spoke to “Eric” at RE and “Jake” at 4x4Groupbuy making this request, but have not received a response. I am looking forward to a favorable response that will resolve this matter.

Comment

Jimmy is a really good guy and has taken care of me and my 4 Runner. I had stopped by the shop while yours was in there getting the install done. I can't believe the issues that not only you but from what I understand a few others from that buy had with incorrect or back ordered parts. Glad it all worked out for you.

Comment

Steve
        Thanks for the work in all the years I have been using RE stuff I have never encountered so many little issues. I hope they get it figured all out as I still do think its the best bang for the buck.
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

RE customer service is some of the worst in the industry. I used to recommend their parts because overall they do perform adequately, but that is no longer the case. The parts are the same, but the service sucks.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
            RE customer service is some of the worst in the industry. I used to recommend their parts because overall they do perform adequately, but that is no longer the case. The parts are the same, but the service sucks.
            Reading this makes me glad that I make all my stuff. No one to blame but me if it ain't right. I can add a vendor to this list too; Alloy USA. Since they got bought out they suck. No product support at all.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
              Thats how I feel. I actually kinda think the weak economy has caused this issue to be worse with many companies. Less employees or funds to do the extra bit, although if they did they would get a repeat customers or referrals.

Comment

Originally posted by slsjeep View Post
                Thats how I feel. I actually kinda think the weak economy has caused this issue to be worse with many companies. Less employees or funds to do the extra bit, although if they did they would get a repeat customers or referrals.
                Bad economy or not, its no excuse for piss poor attitudes from the tech and sales reps at certain companies. I could overlook some of the reduced services and lack of warranty replacements if the people I speak with aren't making it as clear as possible that they have better things to do than speak to a paying customer.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                  Bad economy or not, its no excuse for piss poor attitudes from the tech and sales reps at certain companies. I could overlook some of the reduced services and lack of warranty replacements if the people I speak with aren't making it as clear as possible that they have better things to do than speak to a paying customer.
                  Can I get an "AMEN"!
                  Regards,
                  Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Working...
                  X