Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: Rough-Country-Lifts?

Good, bad or worst? Price is right for the 3.5”. I have experienced the you get what you pay for in the past so I am a little skeptical of a 500 lift that includes Front: Lifted coil springs, fixed lower control arms, track bar drop bracket, pitman arm, brake line relocation brackets & hardware. Rear: Lifted coils springs, track bar drop bracket, coil correction plates, extended sway bar links, brake line relocation brackets & hardware.

I have an 08 JK 4D with a 2.5 inch Pro Comp spacer lift. The 35’s rub like crazy. Looking for fenders and a lift. I don’t have endless pockets although sometimes I think I do… Any suggestions something maybe to start with and add more and more to?? I have looked at the Rubicon Express standard JK lift, I like you can start with the standard and keep adding. Downfall is I think it retains the stock shocks? Which I assume the Pro Comp ones are 2.5” longer than stock.

Any help is appreciated.

Danny
    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

I helped Scott, AVJeepFreek, install a rough country lift last fall. Everything fit and it went together very well. He has been extreemly happy with it. I'm sure he will add to this thread when he sees it.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

I looked into Rough Country. One of my buddies had one. I've heard they drop a bit over time...but then I thought all lifts did. Maybe that brand drops more? I don't know. I decided to go with a 3" Black Diamond for $750 and love it.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I shoudl be ready in a few weeks to purchase so i will do a little research and see what i come up with. Sure to post pictures after install and first ride.
        [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Danny,

Here is a link to the kit we installed on the wife's 08' JK Sahara Unlimited.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...item53e94d8395

It'll run you about $1300 (with shipping) but it is a complete kit. I had a few buddies of mine come over to the house on a Saturday and help me and we had it installed by that evening. I run 35" Toyo's on stock 18" JK wheels and get a slight rub when the Jeep is at full flex but it's nothing a 1 or 2" spacer or cutting the fenders out a bit couldn't fix. In my opinion the Rough Country kits that are being put out today are some of the best! I have had no problems with ours and the Jeep preforms perfectly! This kit is the best Rough Country complete kit I've found and you won't have to compromise by adding anything to it later. It is extremely stout and built right!

Here are a few pic's, both during after the install.

And join the crowd Danny, I don't have deep pockets either! but, This kit was definitely worth the extra $ that I paid to get a complete kit. As for future upgrades, I plan on replacing the front and rear bumpers with something a bit more suited for offroad and putting some flat fenders on it. That should fix any rubbing problem.

Also, you might want to get a hold of LEADFOOTJOSH (he's here on MJR) I believe he sells these kits also and might be able to get it at a better price!

Hit me up, I'd be glad to help you out with any questions you have.

Scott
          Last edited by avjeepfreek; 09-29-11, 07:34 AM.
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

@ avjeepfreak.

Wow that looks a hell of a lot nicer than my ass high Sahara. thanks for the post. Ours is silver too so it was a good picture to show my wife. Who said “ it looks like ours”… ya except it is two inches higher and LEVEL… I assume it is still holding up well? not what I wanted to spend in two weeks BUT after seeing pictures now I am pumped and ready to blow some coin. I read some reviews on the 4" kit last night. Totally mixed as with every lift on the market unless you spend 7k... For what I am doing a less expensive lift should do fine. I know the 35's will still rub but I am looking at fenders our making some quick detach brackets or something for the stock fenders so I can get them off easy.

Thanks again,
            dP

Comment

Rough country lifts

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
              I looked into Rough Country. One of my buddies had one. I've heard they drop a bit over time...but then I thought all lifts did. Maybe that brand drops more? I don't know. I decided to go with a 3" Black Diamond for $750 and love it.
              I have had mine on my TJ for about eight years now and have tested it to it's limit countless times. I got mine at that time for 499 shipped to my door on a competitive mark down. I have been buying products that they sell as an overall from them as well and as a result I get great deals as a repeat customer. No matter what lift you get parts can break because like I always say "the stress has to go someplace"... However, I must say for one of the more inexpensive lift kits. This Rough Country 4 inch series 2 has been very good to me. It even comes complete with shocks and a drop pitman arm unlike most lifts. From the hammers, Calico, Truck Haven, John Bull Trail and trails in Logandale Nevada and more it has well proved it's worth in my book. Also, a great thing about Rough Country is they keep re-engineering there stuff to constantly make it better. I have no regrets at all.
              PS> it will also RTI over 1000 at any given time.
              Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 09-30-11, 09:21 PM.
              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Thanks guys for the info and help I ordered the X series today from Leadfoot Offroad. ships out tomorrow cant do it this weekend so hopefully next weekend...

dP

Comment

Working...
                X