Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Questions

I've been thinking about buying some ROugh Country 4" coil springs from ebay. They are being sold as pairs (front and rear) and my question is this, would it be cheaper to save up and buy a complete lift kit or buy the springs and piece the rest together (contol arms, sway bay extensions, ect.) And another question, is the tcase lowering kit worth installing or should I go for the SYE and driveshaft? These questions are concerning my 00 SE.
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

I would say wait to buy the kit. In my case I bought a kit with the basics, and ended up buying front lower control arms, and an adjustable track bar just to get rid of my death wobble. The a week ago I did away with the tcase lowering kit and got the SYE and drive shaft due to some vibes that appeared a month after I lited it. I know with at least 4" you will want the sye and new shaft.
    Long story short, do it right the first time. It will save you some stress in the long run. Probably money too. I think it would be more expensive to piece a lift together than to buy a kit. (I could be wrong on that part though.)
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was thinking along the same lines myself. Now all I have to do is decide which lift to find.
      04 Rubicon
      4.5" RE Super Flex
      1" BL
      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
      35" el cheapos
      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

If you are referring to a lift for your rubicon, then things get just a touch easier. You already have a fixed yolk on the transfer case, meaning you don't need the SYE (slip yolk eliminator). With that much lift, you will still want to go with a CV driveshaft though

I have seen several people piece lift kits together using used parts from different manufacturers. It never seems to work out for them. There is always something that isn't working, something that is worn out, something that needs to be upgraded, they are never really happy with it, and in the end, they spend more $$$ than if they would have just bought the whole kit in the first place. Keeping that in mind, I suggest waiting until you can buy a complete kit....even if it is a used kit, at least it is all designed to work together....
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Thanks goodtimes. I was wondering about that actually. I knew that the yolks were different between my SE and Rubi(I've spent a little time comparing components between them). But, what exactly is a CV driveshaft? I've noticed that the driveshaft seems to be split with a rubber boot in the middle. Is this a CV type driveshaft or are the aftermarket ones for lifts a little longer?
          04 Rubicon
          4.5" RE Super Flex
          1" BL
          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
          35" el cheapos
          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Working...
          X