Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke swaybar mount off the front axle AGAIN

For the 4th time I broke the front swaybar mount off the axle this past weekend. With longarms the Jeep drives like a marshmallow on the highway without a front swaybar.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by FishPOET; 09-06-11, 12:39 PM.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
    For the 4th time I broke the front swaybar mount off the axle this past weekend. With longarms the Jeep drives like a marshmallow on the highway without a front swaybar.

Any suggestions?
    Bring it by. I'm sure I can beef it up for you.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I think you should determine the why first. Those brackets are strong enough stock something is causing it to break. Once that is resolved a bit of Kurt's beef ought to fix the the rest of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        I think you should determine the why first. Those brackets are strong enough stock something is causing it to break. Once that is resolved a bit of Kurt's beef ought to fix the the rest of the problem
        Two reasons:
        It's a BUS!
        He's an animal behind the wheel...

I think it might be the axle alignment. I drove it a while back and it was squishy as Hell on the highway. since I'd never driven a bus before I just wrote it off to the size of the beast. I think we'll do some alignment checks first.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Is the swaybar acting as a limiting strap?
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

If the trackbar is not adjusted right. The axle can be shifted to far to the left or to the right. That could be causing undue lateral stress.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
            X