Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Rear Sway Bar??????????

Okay, The newbie is bleeding through again. Whats your guys opinion on the removal of rear sway bar, a buddy told me I should remove it, that in doesnt affect handling too much, and is worth the added travel. Thanks, the Noob from JT Jason.

Just leave it alone, it doesn't hurt rear wheel flex, helps keep the rear springs in place and above all it helps keep the Jeep somewhat stable when the front is disconnected.

Comment

Well Thank You Art, Thanks for the input.

Comment

its not a big either way it should be ok. just wrench time to remove it. u have coil rear so i would leave it alone. but in my situation on my xj i am in the process of doing an 8.8 swap and there wont be a rear sway bar. but i have leaf spring so it stay a little more stable than a coil sprung setup. i thought about adding tabs to put it back on but i figured if it was that bad then i would just add a panhard if necessary.

Comment

i just left mine. if you want more flex out of the rear do the right thing and get a currie antirock otherwise you have plenty of flex with the swaybar on.
          College Jeeper on a budget

Comment

Working...
          X