Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: Poly Performance Rear Coilovers

Well I finally took the leap off the deep end and decided I needed coil-overs all the way around. First id like to thank Dave @ Poly for twisting my rubber arm and convincing me that i had to have them :thefinger:. The set up is super easy to install. A good sawzall will be you best friend for the few hours it takes to install.

This is what I started with.

Once you got the vehicle on jack stands and the tires off you can begin the fun. Youll need to remove the track bar, rear springs, shocks and calipers.

I saved some time because my muffler was relocated 2 years ago . If yours is in the factory spot you will have to remove it for this install.

I found the sawzall to be really handy when removing the factory exhaust hangers.

once removed you want to clean the frame rails up

Youll also need to do a tad bit of trimming but nothing major on the old upper shock mount

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

I followed polys tip and painted the mount before throwing it in, this is very important because you will NOT be able to completely paint it once installed so do it before you install.

Once you got it where you want it fully weld it in. Make sure you get all the edges top and bottom, this is the only time i wished i had a 2 post lift. There were some awkward positions to get her all welded in

Once your done there you can move on to the lower mounts. I was pretty lucky because i install ORE skids a couple years ago so my mounts were still pretty straight. you need to cut the lower shock mount off as well as the lower portion of the mount off. I have been looking at cutting the rock magnets off for a while so Ploy def was thinking when the chose the design for the lower mounts. once again the sawzall with a good blade makes very easy work of this.

a

Here is a shot with the lower mount slid on.

The driver side was a bit more difficult for me, the teraflex track bar bracket had to be modified.

I ended up cutting the leg off. Ill be ordering the poly one soon

once you button the lowers up your done!!!!!

I need to order the proper coil-over spacers. Polys rear kit uses 1.5" spacing and fox gives you bushings for 1.25" So i had to get ghetto and use some washers but it will not be staying like this.

Comment

here are the final shots. I got lucky and still get to use my zoom zoom car race tip on the exhaust.

Over all the install was super easy and Ill get some action shots posted in the next week or so.

Comment

That looks clean. Nice job. Can't wait to see it in action.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Well got the rears done. they came out perfect......

I cut the old mount of and notched the frame with a grinder and cut off wheel.

Here she is all burned in

Sprayed her with some rattle can........

Comment

I like it. What kind of improvement, in suspension performance, do you get, from this type of mod? How does it effect your street handling?
              Still look'n fwd to some action shots.

Comment

The ride improvement is amazing. To me I think the Jeep is more stable because i could fine tune it with the springs. Before the Jeep always felt like a cork in the ocean LOL. On the road i havent noticed any changes even with deleting my rear sway bar.

Comment

How about an update? Any before and after flex pics? What length CO's did you use front and back?

Comment

Here are a few i took out behind my house......

Comment

Comment

Jeep looks great Scott. Maybe one of these days you will actually come out with us and use it.
                        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          Jeep looks great Scott. Maybe one of these days you will actually come out with us and use it.
                          Im always working

Comment

Scott that is one good looking jeep. Would be nice to check it out and see it in action. Everybody has to call in sick once and while. You only live once.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Very nice. I'd ask hope much better it works on the rocks. But according to your friends you don't get out much. Its nice to be able to afford the good stuff. But if you can't use it. :dunno:

Comment

Working...
                              X