Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Countys 2.5 TJ lift ?

Does anyone out there have any experience in rough countrys two and a half inch lift kit. I have a 4 cylinder jeep that has many mods under the hood, and I currently run 31in BFG muds and have been pleased with my budget boost and 31s. I finally got some discos and I think its finally time to atleast upgrade beyond my lil budget boost and run some 32s or maybe 33s. I do not want to lose to much power until I have funds for regearing. I currently have 3:1o gears. I wonder if 32s would affect my power much. Time to grow up and do some decent wheeling. O I gotta get some skids. The only skid I have is a steering skid by Kilby. Need diff skids and gas tank skid. Need some money to. Happy 4 wheeling all you jeepers

Honestly there are better lifts out there, u may think about just buying a set of adjustable control arms and doing a 1 inch body lift and u can fit 32's or 33's. As far as the gearing, u will Lose a bit of power going up in tires without changing gears, but it also depends on what kind of wheeling you do. 4.56 gears with your engine and 33's would be a good combo.
    '04 Yellow Rubicon on 40's with 1 Ton's!
    President - Rubicon4WDA

Comment

Yes I do currently run a BB with 31s, I have seen other budget boost that claim they are two and a quarter inchs. I have even seen some at 3in. Just wanting a lil more lift while trying to avoid a body lift. I was also thinking of doing 3in up front and 2in rear. Who knows? Decisions decisions, funds. Here is a question, do you think a 3in spacer on front coils is to much, or maybe just go with a 2 1/2 spacer in front. Wow I sound so confused. I am just trying to build a mild, all around rig on a budget.

Comment

Adding a body lift would be the most cost effective way to be able to stuff up to a 33" tire in there without other modifications, if you go much higher than your budget boost your rear driveshaft will be an issue, both at ride height and when flexed out you may have binding. As far as the spacer size you would probably be fine with the 2.5" up front and 3" in the back, If you can find stock springs off of a 03-06 rubicon that will give you an extra 1/2 inch or so over your factory springs, so that may be an option to.
        '04 Yellow Rubicon on 40's with 1 Ton's!
        President - Rubicon4WDA

Comment

Yeah that sounds good I just might go with a 2.5in spacer in front to get rid of that front droop, and a 1in body. I have heard about those 06 springs being a bit taller. Anyway time will tell. Thanks

Comment

O yes I did finally get some discos for christmas, looking forward to putting them on and testing. FUN, FUN!

Comment

though others may say I am a little bias. I love the RC STUFF on my jeep..

great product for the $$$$$
              [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
              PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Everything depends on your intentions with your jeep. I'm not a fan of body lifts. But if your not gonna be do'n much crawling, then the BB and a body lift will get you your taller tires. If you want to hit some moderately tougher trails, I'm not talking the Hammers here, then get a well designed lift kit, that will improve your jeep's ability on the trail and give you room for the bigger tire.

Also, I had a 4banger YJ. I ran 33's w/ 4;88 gears. It wasn't built for speed, but I could use 5th gear on the freeway and it crawled alot better. The power band was at about 3000 rpm.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Yeah That sounds good, maybe I will wait for more funds. I just have a feeling if I do go with a bigger budget boost and a body lift I will only like it for awhile and then later wish I would have gone with a real spring suspension. I will try to be patient.

Comment

Working...
                  X