Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sway bar disconnects

ok I have been reading alot about how great sway bar disconnects are!, so I decide to go by some terraflex quicko's, get home to find out, my jeep doesnt even have the sway bars anymore? what hell! the guy I bought it from last year spent like 7K on up grades to ths 97 Tj, one of them being a 4" sky jacker lift, I looked under the jeep front end and none of the sway bar components are even there, just the tap off the knuckle.

Am I loosing it or what, shouldnt there be some sort of sway bar mechanisn?

I took off my rears. I am uncomfortable running on the street without the fronts. I guess it is your preference. I think that without the fronts connected it feels too unstable. I made the QD's that I found on this site somwhere with a 7/16th pin with holes, some washers and a hitch pin. Works great. Thanx to whoever posted the recipe for the QD's!!!!!!

Jason
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

that was jeepgal! she rocks!
      i am using them too, just make sure you check in on them once in a while, i've had mine get a little worn out.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        that was jeepgal! she rocks!
        i am using them too, just make sure you check in on them once in a while, i've had mine get a little worn out.

I bought like 4 or 5 extras just in case I lose them, they wear out, or I meet someone from MJR who needs them. I am still looking forward to meeting all of you. When is the next run? I am going out to Calico with my old Xterra club this weekend. Anyone interested? I will post my number if there is.

Cell 909-615-6468

Jason

Comment

Ok to be more specific, I dont even have the tube that goes across the front of the jeep where the top of the sway bar connects.

Comment

JMBrowning has one, take a look HERE

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
              I made the QD's that I found on this site somwhere with a 7/16th pin with holes, some washers and a hitch pin. Works great. Thanx to whoever posted the recipe for the QD's!!!!!!

Jason
              Youre welcome!

Im glad they are working out well for you

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Great Thanks to JeepGal!!!
                Two of my friends have followed her recipe and had great success! You can't beat $12 bucks from Home Depot (we found that we had to buy the thicker more expensive washers cuz the thin ones wear out fast)
                Along with the Disconnects we relocating the brake lines by drilling two holes per side and taping one for the bracket that holds the line. This eliminated the worry of stretching a brake line. Simple and cost nothing but time.
                AriZonaTJ

======================
                0[_____]0
                .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
                []===0=[]
                ======================

Comment

I'm a dumbarse

Wow. Stupid me. I didn't even think about the brake line. My Xterra was IFS so I didn't have to think about wheel travel up front. I am still running stock height until next week. Do I need to relocate brake lines yet or should I wait until I do the lift? I am running Doran and Odessa this weekend and I don't want to lose a brake line. Let me know. Thanx!!!!! You guys rock!!!!!

Jason

Comment

Brakes, you dont need no stinking breaks

Comment

Loop Choke,
                      One jeep has a 3" tera flexy lift (basic 3 inch), we relocated the brake lines on that jeep because the lines would get close to being tight when he flexed out. The other jeep was a 2 inch spacer and he decided that he could get by without relocating (he'll definatly keep an eye on them though)
                      Well, I'm not sure about the trails. I haven't run them yet. I would definatly test out your flex at home and check your lines, before you get on the trail and find out that you have a guitar string for a brake line. So the short answer would be, I guess it depends on the lift/vehicle.
                      I think we used 1/4"-20 shocket headed bolts that where 3/4" or 1/2" inch long to relocate the bracket.
                      Have a Great run.
                      AriZonaTJ

======================
                      0[_____]0
                      .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
                      []===0=[]
                      ======================

Comment

Thanx for the info AZTJ. I will check when I put the lift on before hitting the trails.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                        X