Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift parts

hey guys i was wondering if any of u have any lift parts for a zj. my wife wants to lift her jeep up a little bit but cash is tight. if any of u have any old parts in the garage that came off a previous setup that u dont need anymore let me know. not anything that u might need just something that u were thinking about throwing away but didnt. im looking for coils controlarms sway bar links etc. i belive the zj runs the same setup as the tj and xj. thanks

If your not in a hurry I will have some coils front 3.5" and rear 3" and some Iron rock front lower control arms(fixed) in about a couple months. I could check with you later to see if you still are looking. The coils sit even and are firm not to soft. Springs are also IRO's

Fred

I run 33's with this set up

Comment

perfect that would be awesome. let me know when they are available.

Comment

You got it! I 'll let you know

peace

Comment

How much lift are you looking for by the way? Because you could pick up some used 2" spacers for the front and 1" in the rear and be set for cheap. Is the ZJ a V8? They sit higher than the I6 stock

Just an idea

Comment

i dont know much about zjs but mine has 2 inch spacers on the front and none in the rear. but it still looks stock and the tire on pass side rubs when turning. and theyre alot smaller than 31s. jdging by tire to fender gap the vehicle seems level but the front looks lower than the rear if u just look at the car.according to iron rock off road ucan put a 3.5 inch lift with no control arms. their kit comes with coils track bar and sway bar end links. seems odd to me but they stand behind it. i was just gonna throw another 1 1/2 spacer on top of the one thats there but i think that would be a little ghetto.

Comment

You dont want to start stacking spacers not a good idea. I put 1.75 on the 3.5 coils and it was rockin! Did you say it was a V8 or 6? Swap coils front rear type budget boost thing is another quick lift. I trimmed my fenders up to the first line and was able to run 33's adjusting the turn stop so it does not hit the control arms and beat in the pinch seam. Then clean it up with some trime molding. Mine is clean and I cut it with angle grinder ( jig saw would be ideal). I bought IRO parts seperate about a year or so ago. I did not know if I wanted to long arm but its pricey. You still want the rig to have road manners. I will for sure and let you know. Did you say how much lift you are trying to get? Tires to run?

Comment

mine is the v8 model i only want to go tall enough to fit 31s. and what do u mean by swap front and rear lift? i dont really want to trim the fenders its my wifes car. she just wants it a little taller.

Comment

You could swap the front of yours and throw my 3.5 in the front or even buy some new coils if you want and be set. clear 31's easy no trimming. Copy that on the wifes cruiser. It won't be that tall but noticeable enough. I think if your springs are not sagging or drooping down then its around 3" stock V8 I think. Guys on NAGCA site swap the old to the rear and put 3" or so in the front for some lift and to clear 31's or 32's. When I take these out I wont forget to check and see if you had done this yet. Are you going to install these your self?

Comment

yeah im going to put them on myself. i did the lift on my xj. should be easy enough. let me know when they are available.

Comment

i've got some RE short arms you can have, Ray. Got 'em all except the front uppers. They all need new joints and bushings, except the rear uppers which only need new bushings. I've also got some front Old Man Emu coils good for about 2".
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

ok so do i need to buy new joints or rebuild them. any idea what it costs

Comment

I got shocks for a 4: lift of my TJ they are kinda stiff so they came of after a week. Are basically new and should well on a Grand Cherokee provided they fit.
                          Oh yeah they are free

Comment

u guys are awesome ill make arrangements to get these things from u guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X