Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a link to 5100 specs? I can't use an application sheet as I have shock relocators so want to buy them by max/min length.

Comment

I just searched their site and the only section that gives min max length is the 7100 series. I know if you have those numbers and call an authorized dealer or Bilstein themselves they can recommend the shock for you. Also they are pretty easy to work with about valving options. In order to better help you with valving options if you had front axle weight and rear axle weight or better yet each corner they could dial in for you. So you can have a semi-custom shock and still end up less then a true high end.

Comment

I run 5100's in the rear. didnt have the money to run 7100's front and rear at the time. for what i have i wish i would have went with a reservoir in back as well. one of my 5100's is starting to leak a little, but after about 8 yrs of usage i couldnt complain.
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I'm running the new Rancho RS9000 if you are outboarded in the rear talk to Savvy and he'll set you up. I've driven them and I haven't felt a more controlled ride. I tried the big shocks like he runs but I'm not outboarded so I just didn't have the uptravel with only 2.5 inches of lift and 33's so i'm running the smaller but they track extremely well.

They soak up smaller bumps but my jeep is too light for them. AS it is I almost want to be going faster when I hit train tracks as it smooths them out. Once I get my hard top back on and my winch up front I'm thinking it will be perfect. That being said when you talk about the Ruler.

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
          Also keep in mind that for the price (or a even fraction) of a single high-end shock, you could have a full set of 5100s. The amount your high-end shocks will have depreciated just from being "used" will probably be a lot more than a full set of 5100s. Plus, you'll have a lot more money tied up until you do sell them.
          What he said
          Last edited by ocTJ; 09-12-10, 10:58 AM.
          Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Ok, I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I hadn't wheeled the new Rancho's yet, I did the other day and they performed extremely well. keep all 4 wheels down and soaked up jolts and shifts as I came over the apex of a hill an the front end dropped 4 Ft or so onto the drive side front I didn't bottom out although the driver seat almost got racing stripes.

Rancho RS 9000 thumbs up and I think if you are outboarded or running 4" or higher lift they make RS9000 XL which is..well if you've seen Geralds LJ from Savvy off road those shocks are just awesome.
            Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Working...
            X