Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budget lift

I am looking for a budget lift for my 98 xj. I do ont plan on going hard core off roading, thats what my 87 if for, but do enjoy driving my 98 off road. I was wondering what the probability of having to put an SYE on my 98 with just a 1.5 to 2 inch lift. Also i was wondering how reliable a t-case drop is. Doesn't that affect the fluid levels in the t-case, tranny, and Engine? Thanks

Re: budget lift

Originally posted by redneckxj
    I am looking for a budget lift for my 98 xj. I do ont plan on going hard core off roading, thats what my 87 if for, but do enjoy driving my 98 off road. I was wondering what the probability of having to put an SYE on my 98 with just a 1.5 to 2 inch lift. Also i was wondering how reliable a t-case drop is. Doesn't that affect the fluid levels in the t-case, tranny, and Engine? Thanks
    From what I hear, the newer model XJ's are really prone to vibes. Luckly the RE hack and taps are cheap (like $99), its just the driveshaft thats expensive. I say go for it, if it vibes, fix it or take the BB out. As for the T-case drop, I dont know. I've never donw one. I dont think the angle is extreme enough to cause any problems.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by redneckxj
      No 2 XJ's are alike, my buddy has a 99 up country XJ and he added a BB and he had crazy vibes he had to do a SYE, on the other hand my friends 89 is up about 5.5" and nothin, he still has his stock driveshaft, not even a TC drop, no vibes and he wheels it hard.
      My 97 XJ has a 2"BB and im fine, so its 50/50 give it a shot if you end up with vibes drop the TC 1" or get the RE hack n' tap there both cheap.
      Goodluck.

Comment

Working...
      X