Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ: Body Lift Kit Manufacturers?

I'm planning to put in a body lift kit when I put some sliders on the Jeep and was wondering if any of you thought that one manufacturer was any better or worse than the others.

I plan to do a lot more with axels, suspension, etc. to eventually wind up on 35" tires. This is just a step along the way that seems to make sense to do at the same time I put sliders on it.

I've found the following manufacturers offering a kit for a CJ8 Scrambler:
    • JKS (1.25" lift)
    • Daystar (1" lift)
    • Energy Suspension (had trouble figuring out if they only had a stock replacement or a 1" lift)
    • M.O.R.E. (1" lift)

The first 3 use some sort of a polyurethane bushing and the M.O.R.E. kit uses aluminum pucks.

My gut feeling is that the aluminum pucks from M.O.R.E. would be a mistake (too stiff), but those of you with experience with this may know differently.

I'm leaning toward the JKS lift, because it gives me an extra quarter inch of lift over the others. I don't imagine that this is enough to require relocating anything.

Let me know if I've misssed any company that I should be considering.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Christian, I,ve had the Daystar (1) inch body lift pucks or whatever you wanna call them on my TJ for at least 3 years now and they still look like I put them in yesterday..very durable and helps give me plenty of clearence for 35,s..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I have the Daystar ones as well. Look great, and are still doing the job. I'm running 36" tires, flat fenders, and a 4" lift on my CJ7.

Hope this helps!

Comment

X3 on Daystars

Comment

After doing your body lift, make sure to adjust your radiator shroud the same amount.
          Rich

Comment

Currie use aluminum puck also but they are used with your factory body mount so there is no difference form stock. I recomend a 1 inch engine lift also.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input.

I had heard from someone that the Daystar product didn't last very long, but it seems that this was when being used for high speed desert racing and not what we generally do. That's a whole different kind of abuse.

Rich, I'm currently running a custom radiator with no shroud and haven't had a problem even when running around in over 125 degree heat in Anza Borrego.

Beau, I'm thinking about doing an engine lift as a future step when I replace my transmission with an SM420, clock the transfer case and work on getting a flat belly.

Has anyone had any experience with the JKS mounts?

I know it's only another quarter inch, but it may make a difference when I try to do the flat belly.

Thanks!

Christian
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

jks 1.25" will work good if you plan on a flat belly. I have currie 1" and with a mm lift and the 241 tc is real tight with a rokmen skid thats only about 1.5 inches from the frame. Its not recomended to go over 1.25" body lift though.

Comment

I have a 2" rough country body lift. I got it off ebay. I have had 3" body lift on one truck and a 2" body on another SUV. None have ever had an issue. This is just my personal experience of doing it. Any questions, just ask.

Comment

I run 2" Super Lift for the past 4 years (upgraded from 1" lift) because I clocked the D300 flat.

Comment

Working...
                    X