Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice about XJ Bushwacker flares

so, i would like to up the tire size on my xj which is lifted(but not enough! lame wheel wells!)
    and I do not really want to cut into the body, so I am looking at other options, I was reading about Bushwacker fender flares and they claim to add room for XJs to fit bigger tires..

has anyone used these for an XJ and could you tell me if its a good buy, or if theres any other options for me?!

thanks!
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

you still have to cut quite a bit to run bushwackers, but it will keep it more legal for the streets. rustys sell a cut out fender flare too.

Comment

do you have a link? thanks so much
      It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rusty%27s+xj+flares
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I like that!!

Comment

thats still kinda high in price. u might want to look at tj flares. i didnt want to cut mine either but oh well.

Comment

I thought you were selling your XJ? Cutting isnt too bad, you just have to balance the factory lines with how much clearance you need. Just bolting on a bigger flare will add width, but not much uptravel. If you just need bigger tires, go for it and bumpstop accordingly
              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

found these too there new....
                http://www.icelandoffroad.com/XJflares.html

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                  found these too there new....
                  http://www.icelandoffroad.com/XJflares.html
                  I like how these follow the body lines, but why 'glass? Would urethane not be preferable. I know the go-fast guys like the glass fenders, but they usually arent leaning them into rocks.

Not too sure about that fiberglass bumper they mention either. Get in ca car accident and end up all itchy.

Anyone run them?
                  An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Just cut it...

4" lift 35" MTR's..
                    which are alomst a true 35..

[COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

im with josh

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                        im with josh

also.. side note.. my wheels are 3.5" BackSpacing..
                        [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                        PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                          Just cut it...

4" lift 35" MTR's..
                          which are alomst a true 35..

i love how yours looks,thats what i am going for!
                          ya, i wouldnt have a problem cutting them. the problem is convincing my boyfriend (who works on my jeep...know on here as tj jake..)..because hes all worried about it because i just got a new paint job on the thing.. eh.. i guess if the cut is clean enough it wont matter right?

Comment

i decided to keep it 2blk2drs, i just couldnt part with it. its never done me wrong, never left me stranded.

Comment

Originally posted by Notstuckyet View Post
                              i decided to keep it 2blk2drs, i just couldnt part with it. its never done me wrong, never left me stranded.
                              good to hear! Knew you would come around :beer:

Comment

Working...
                              X