Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Arm Advice

Has anyone had any experience with the Rock Crawler X Factor system they are offering. I am thinking about a long arm kit for my TJ and with and the custom belly pan for NV4500 and Atlas 2 I need something that doesn't require a skid plate bolt on style. I need something that has weld on brackets for the control arms and the arms themselves...

any advice is welcome..

The kit I'm looking at is the TJ X Factor Plus Long Arm Upgrade without the skid plate...

If there is an alternative that anyone knows about please advise.
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Gen Right, as well as a couple other companies make weld-in kits.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ctid=F3LINKKIT

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ctid=R4LINKKIT

Comment

Yes the Genright is recommended above the Rock Krawler kit by a few guys in my my club.. I leaning that way.. first I need to replace the gears... cracked a tooth in the rear.

Comment

Steve with the Green Booger has a rock crawler long arm suspension under his green tj seems to work very well.
        Depending on proce it might be a better buy than anything GenRight, they make good stuff, but they seem to think it has gold in it

Comment

Poly Performance has the same kit for a cheaper price. I found it cheaper to source everything and build my own. IIRC I saved about $300-$400
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            but they seem to think it has gold in it
            :thumbs_up:haha:
            From A Champ To A Chump In Just One Bump!

Comment

I have a Rock Crawler 3 link long arm kit that I got from Kevin here on MJR. I know its an XJ kit, but it had weld/bolt on mounts for upper and lower control arms. Not sure the bolt on portion does much, but welding it was a must. It did not have a skid plate, just the arm mounts. I am pretty satisfied with it.
              Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

I have been doing research for quite some time now on long arm suspension systems that best fit MY NEEDs. In about 2 months or so I will be installing a RK 5-7inch stretch kit (x-factor kit but not available yet) on my TJ. Rock Krawler has really stepped up there game to produce some nice suspension kits. This kit accomplishes many things that I am looking for with the least amount of fabrication needed.

what I like:
                -high clearance lower control arms
                -3 link front suspension (bolt on)
                -cross-member with removable center (bolt/weld on)
                -4 link rear with nice truss (weld)

I have seen this kit in person and its massive! I have asked a ton of people with the kit how they like it etc. and not one person has said a bad thing about them. A ton of guys wheel with this suspension in Arizona and beat the piss out of them with great results. Here is a link to a 10 inch stretch build:
                http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=34293

BUT, you say you need a custom belly pan? Why? what belly pan are you running right now? RK uses a cross member that connects all the control arms. Maybe give RK a call and see what they can do for you. Maybe they have already had customers with the same issue.

But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with RK or Genright.
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

There has got to be a better way to get a shot of your new long arms...
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

looks good to me!
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I too have the RK Xtreme Duty 4" system
                      3 link front and 4 link rear very happy and having a LJ the road manners are awesome and very flexy off road. So Mike just come by and drive it youll love it.
                      2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

That picture is not good advertisement for RK, as I really don't want to be in that position. I have a guy in my club that has first hand installing both Gen Right and RK and to quote him, the Gen Right seems to be a more quality product.

While I'm grateful for the feedback, other research shows me that RK customer service for warranty is poor and is also on the east coast. Shipping is big bucks.
                        Having said that, Gen Right is up the road from me and I can stalk them if I have any problems.

So far I'm leaning toward Gen Right. Product support is everything to me.

It will have to wait as I need to pay for my 488's ... first...

Or sell my Triumph Bobber.. which is up for grabs.

Comment

how much for the bobber ?

Comment

Trade you for the buggy...

Comment

I dig that bike.
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been