Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should I adjust my control arms?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should I adjust my control arms?

Okay just got my new lower front control arms for my jeep. Now the question is on a 4" lift how much longer should they be than the stock ones? (they're adjustable)
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

There is a fine line you need to walk between proper caster and proper pinion angle. I think the factory service manual states that pinion angle takes precidence over caster. Inncorrect caster will cause death wobble, and incorrect pinion angle will cause vibes and wear out your u-joints. So you need to find a happy place between the two. I'm not realy sure how you measure caster. I just drove my TJ, if it wobbled then I came home and adjusted my control arms a little, and repeated the process. I'm sure there is an easier way, but nobody wants to tell me, I guess. Any competent alignment place and measure it and get it where it needs to be. Good Luck.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Well I decided to go half an inch longer than the stock arms... seems to work cause I took it out for a test drive, hit every bump I could and no wobble. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

that is good news. I hope it stays that way. Keep us posted!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
        X