Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Pin

I noticed one of my center pins on my rear drivers leaf spring is not vertical any longer. I tightened everything down, but wanted to carry a spare or two just in case.

I called 4wheel parts, and they said I'd have to remove the pin and bring it in because there are so many different sizes. I don't see how or why there would be so many different sizes for my Jeep.

The Jeep is an 83 CJ7. Stock spring width. I know it has to be longer than stock, because I am using BDS 4" lifted springs, with a 7 (or 8) degree shim.

Anyone with an idea of the size!?

Thanks

You're coming out to IDTT right? I always carry some with me in my spare parts bag. Some of different sizes so we can figure out right one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
      You're coming out to IDTT right? I always carry some with me in my spare parts bag. Some of different sizes so we can figure out right one.
      I'll be there....thanks. I know people with leaf springs usually carry spares, as I did....but while packing for IDTT, I couldn't find them after I noticed my axle shifted.

Thanks again
      Steve

Comment

Cant you just measure the threads above the nut?
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I went out to IDTT yesterday afternoon to say Hi. Steve fixed his Jeep in camp yesterday.
          I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

dude u should able to figure that out at the hardware store. i dont think its has to be a special size. all it has to do is fit in the leaf pack. the head should fit in the hole in the perch. if not just hone out the hole in the perch just a bit. easy stuff to do. no need to have your rig down.

Comment

No worries, Steve had all kinds of fun at IDTT

Comment

good to hear. oh and what is idtt.

Comment

It is a yearly MJR get together and as they say I'll Drink To That

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    No worries, Steve had all kinds of fun at IDTT
                    I had ALL kinds of fun at IDTT!!!

Just as I suspected, the centering pin gave out when I was going down the washout going to Wall Street.

I was able to get it to camp, and I FOUND MY spares. Its a fairly simple job, but it took me too damn long to fix!

Thanks to those who helped out!

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                      good to hear. oh and what is idtt.
                      I'm sorry, BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?

Comment

i was new to all these get togethers. i knew that idtt stands for ill drink to that but i didnt know about the get together and all the other stuff. never been on a trail run. i just whell with my buddies. sad i know! dont rub it in.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                          i was new to all these get togethers. i knew that idtt stands for ill drink to that but i didnt know about the get together and all the other stuff. never been on a trail run. i just whell with my buddies. sad i know! dont rub it in.
                          We are setting a run up for the 4/17 Ray,come out with us,all are welcome.
                          Dennis and Tammy
                          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                          X