Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting my XJ tomm night.

I'm putting on a 3 inch lift tomm night. Front coils... rear 2" aal and a lift block. My buddy is giving me some shocks too. I found out that my xj has a 8.25 chrysler rear axel so I had to order bigger U-bolts. But I think I'm set to go now. I've been drowing all the bolts with pb blaster for the last couple days to save me some wrenching and the skin on my knuckles.

My question is. Any advice? I've done some lifts before... but never with add a leafs.. they were always coils front and rear. My buddy's garage has a lift, and air tools... so I'm set there. I've also lowered several of my cars so I'm gettin pretty good at suspension work. But you can never know it all... so if you guys have any pointers. I'd love to hear them.

Ryan
    From PA or the East?? Check us out at www.814x4.com.

be careful have fun and tell me about the finished product. i have an Xj two and i want to lift it soon. Sorry i have no real tips.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

AAL's are easy. Clamp the leafs together and then take the pin out. Loosen up the clamp, install the AAL, and reclamp. Insert Pin. Do your self a favor and use Anti-seeze on all the bolts. It will save you time in the future if you need to un-do or upgrade anything.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
      X