Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Coil Relocation

K so I installed the rear coil relocator kit and my driveline sounds like its been thrown out....I've got a 4 inch lift and 3/4 spacers on the front. Never had any issues till adding this kit to the rear?? Is it possible it has altered the driveline angles too much?

It's even chattering at low speed in 1st or 2nd...??? This has extended the rear driveshaft I am guessing???
    Last edited by JeepinLA Eh; 03-05-10, 05:36 PM.

Did you reset the rear pinion angle?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

no but certainly wondered if i need to raise the rear pinion.....is there a proper amount or trial and error?? Thanx

Comment

The pinion and driveline should point straight at the yoke on the transfercase, provided you use a cv joint at the transfercase end of the driveshaft. Otherwise post a pic of the driveline showing the angle and preferably both yokes or a couple of pics. Makes it easier to figure out what is going on

Comment

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...x/DSC_0019.jpg

Have had no previous vibe or noise probs...the relocators essentially lifted the rear about an inch..I am assuming this problem is directly related to this kit install as it was runnin smooth prior. and yes a cv at t-case end

Thanx
          Last edited by JeepinLA Eh; 03-05-10, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Pinion looks low
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

defenitly looks like you need to raise the pinion a bit,

Comment

u can try to shim it but i would cut and reset the perches.
                your pinon needs to be pointing straight at the rear output of the t case. then just rotate the rear axle 2-3 degrees down. this compensates for acceleration.

Comment

Your pinion and the driveshaft should pretty much be a straight line towards the yoke on the transfer case end.
                  So either the lower control arms, or the uppers longer or a bit of both.

It should look a lot more like this

Comment

Thanx guys gonna try spinning out the upper arms today and get that pinion lined up!

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinLA Eh View Post
                      Thanx guys gonna try spinning out the upper arms today and get that pinion lined up!
                      Make sure you have plenty of thread left in the the arm after doing this.
                      Check out .

Comment

LOL!!! Yeah I checked as I did need to add another 3/4 inches to the uppers. There is still a bit of vibe at low speed tho. When I raised the pinion I did drop it a bit so that it lined up slightly below the output at the t-case. Should I just try raising a bit more a shooting directly to the rear. I notice on the shaft sleeve by the grease mark my driveshaft is probably extended about an eighth of an inch from where it used to rest??

Thanx guys!

Comment

Glad that is fixed now come hang out with us on the IDTT weekend

Comment

Did you use the nth degree spring relocater kit ?
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

No, TnT Customs. Seems like they are about the same altho this one slightly cheaper

Comment

Working...
                              X