Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear coil relocation install

The rear coil location on a TJ is at a angle from the factory, and when you lift the jeep it makes the angle of the coils to much. The springs/ coils will not be as firm at this angle and cause them to sag and not work very well. The easy fix for this problem without cutting & welding is to buy a rear coil relocation mount. The mount I bought was from ( T&T Customs ) also known as TREKS offroad cost $149.00.

Before this mod the rear suspension just sucked and would bottom out all the time just to soft in the rear and I could only crawl in whoop sections. After the rear is firm and tight no sag and I now can fly through the whoops and down a wash in 4th gear no problem. The kit will give you 3/4 inch in the rear so you may want to install 3/4 spacers up front.

pics of the install ( BEST MOD I HAVE DONE )

STOCK LOCATION

ISTALL OF NEW MOUNT

I USED FENDER WASHERS TO ADD TO THE BUMP STOPS AND HAD TO BUY A 4INCH LONG BOLT TO WORK.

AFTER INSTALL COIL IS NOW STRAIT UP AND DOWN PERFECT

this looks like the answer to a problem I have also been trying to figure out! I have a TJ on a 4inch lift and have been stumped on why I always bottom out??? Wondered if my springs were just tired or I needed longer ones as I do carry a 35 spare on a steely etc but this seems right!! Did you buy them online?

Comment

This is the fix I can now stand on my bumper and jump up and down and the rear hardly even moves. The coils sag and dont work due to the angle.

Comment

Another cheap fix is to cut the buckets off and turn them around and I think swap left side for the right side weld them back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          Another cheap fix is to cut the buckets off and turn them around and I think swap left side for the right side weld them back on.
          100% correct,... this has been a long time issue with a TJ based platform rig. The kit is sweet but if you can do a little re-fab work and weld and have the equipment then you are good to go. Either way, nice post on the upgrade...MATT
          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

I did this same mod to my LJ. I used the Nth Degree relocators sold by AEV. I also installed the AEV progessive 4.5" springs. Results = AWESOME improvement
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

The only two kits I found online were T&T customs and the AEV kit. I posted this so that the people who dont weld could install this to fix the rear coils. I can weld and was going to cut and reuse the stock bucket but for $150 saves me about 6 hours of grinding fab work and welding.

Comment

not to say much but those relocators look kinda vunerable. i think i would go with the flip idea instead and save the money.

Comment

Working...
                X