Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein shocks and RC 4" lift

Well, I had got the Rough Country lift right after I bought the jeep last year. The ride was ok so I thought. Then other people drove it and said the ride was horrible. lol! So, Ken (the mechanic) said if I thought it was the shocks, just remove them and see if the ride improves. Months later I did just that. I removed the 2.2 shocks (hydraulic) their upgraded shocks. I drove it. The ride improved a lot. So, I ordered (yes, I am a fan) 5100's Bilstein shocks. Well, I finally got front and rear installed. I took it off road (small area). Performed great. We then took it on the highway. About 100 miles. Huge improvement. I actually think it rode better than stock height. Really! Keep in mind, the 5100's are gas pressurized not hydraulic. So, the better ride can depend on who is driving it. My feedback on the 5100's and RC lift, it's worth the swap for a better ride.

Any questions just ask.
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 01-17-10, 01:25 PM.

Actually the Bastien 5100's can make your Jeep run hot. But Ill help you out, we'll swap for my Chinese shocks. Your welcome.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      Actually the Bastien 5100's can make your Jeep run hot. But Ill help you out, we'll swap for my Chinese shocks. Your welcome.
      If they are going to make it run hotter than 185*. We should talk then. Did I ever explain why 185* was better? Maybe I didn't. See when.............

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
        If they are going to make it run hotter than 185*. We should talk then. Did I ever explain why 185* was better? Maybe I didn't. See when.............
        Lord..... help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
          Lord..... help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          <--Laughing so hard I almost fell off the chair. You so fell into it Scott.

Comment

My wife was talking on the phone with her mother when I posted this. She had to stop and explain how strange it was that I was sitting on the couch laughing my ass off.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Couldn't agree more.... I had the same ones on my XJ and sent them back... I am rockin their basic shocks now... and they ride so much better... but fox shocks are in the near future...
              [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
              PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Originally posted by ou812 View Post
                my wife was talking on the phone with her mother when i posted this. She had to stop and explain how strange it was that i was sitting on the couch laughing my ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                  Couldn't agree more.... I had the same ones on my XJ and sent them back... I am rockin their basic shocks now... and they ride so much better... but fox shocks are in the near future...
                  Fox is above Bilsteins I hear. But pricey.

Comment

Yes... fox can be better.... but bilsteins are way better out of the box... fox's take tuning to make them work better... which can add a lot of $$$ if you don't have the knowledge or tools to do it...

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                    Fox is above Bilsteins I hear. But pricey.
                    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                      Yes... fox can be better.... but bilsteins are way better out of the box... fox's take tuning to make them work better... which can add a lot of $$$ if you don't have the knowledge or tools to do it...
                      I thought Fox did one free tune or something? I had them on my quad, I liked Fox. Never on a Jeep though.

Comment

YES.... I beleave they do... but being a experienced shock tuner... I rarely get it right the first time on my own vehicles... and you send in ur shocks with notes you take.. they don't go out and test ur jeep in the dirt and tune them fir you... well at least not for free.... LOL

Comment

i installed the 5100's this summer and LOVE them!!! get what you pay for in this case!!!

Comment

I agree! I have no regrets. 3rd truck I have put them on. Both my current ones have them now.

Comment

Working...
                            X