Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil overs

ok ive got my plan on how im goin to build my rear 4 link in my xj but im kinda stumpped on how to mount the upper coilover mount. since i want to keep every thing under the jeep and not cut into the body how do i go about sizing my coilovers? i have a plan on how to build the mounts but how do i go about figuring length and ride height. i want to keep my rig right at 6 inches. i have seen alot of 4 link cherokees and read infamous amounts of tech but all of them are cut into the inside of the rig. mine is going to be full interior insideso no cutting. if u have done this or have seen this done send me some info. and pics are greatly appreciated so i can see if my idea is similar to others. thanks.

Ray,
    I sent you a PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

ive seen it done many times with out cutting the holes in the body, works good if you dont mind runnin 8-10'' of lift, theres a reason we cut and put them inside...or you have to run like 10'' c/o's which works i guess??
      Last edited by xjkevin; 01-11-10, 01:45 PM.

Comment

just found this..
        http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/...ad.php?t=62233

Comment

just for the hell of it kevin how many inches of travel are you getting out of your setup? and im not really looking to go super extreme on my rig for now im gonna 4 link my 8.8 and run a long arm kit up front and wheel the shit out of it. maybe later on im going to do a harcore build but at leats when i do ill alredy have the 4 link setup on the rig and all illl have to change is the reaer axle and the coilsetup. maybe have to build longer links. but for now i want to keep it simple and try to build it as beefy as i can. but i do want to keep it street legal

Comment

i am running 14'' airshocks in the rear with 4'' hydro bumps, 5'' up travel 9''droop im not trying to compare rigs, im just thinkin you could do a few minor things to the rear before you link it and have some good flex with your leafs, unless you like to go fast then i understand why you want to link it,

Comment

i just want to do the link kit. just because ive never done one before and im interested in fabrication. what are these minor thing i can do? im not even to the starting point yet. right now im currently gathering info. i want to build it in my head first that way i dont bite off more than i can chew. i want to get it all down on paper that way i can make a material list just to kinda get a rough idea of how much im going to have to spend. as it sits right now my leaf cost is only slightly lower than my 4 link cost. but the fab work for the 4 link is a little more extensive. but im not 100 % on my decision yet so leaf might still be an option. kevin im curious to know how many inches of lift u are running with your new setup? just so i have an idea.

Comment

oh and one more thing kevin how do u like the air shocks instead of the coilovers. i though about using air shocks on mine as well but ive seen more coilover setups on jeeps. i though air shocks were more for like sand cars and pre runners.

Comment

Working...
                X