Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cj spring over...... already have a four inch lift.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj spring over...... already have a four inch lift.

i recently bought my 83' cj7... i got gready and bought 35s cause they looked good and now i have gotten stuck two times because i dont have clearance for 35s when i start to flex the suspension. would a spring over conversion suit my situation

would a body lift and bump stops be a better choice???

Comment

we need more information.

pics would be helpful.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sure it would work...But you are trowing a lot of money at a simple fix....
        1. TJ fender flairs ( Trim)
        2. Body lift/Bump stops
        3. Flat Fender
        You will be opening a huge can o worms with a spring over... You may have already done that with 35s
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

well i will try to get some pics up tonight. but all that happening is my tires are hitting the fenders in the front and back when there is flex and the tires get stuck against the fender. how hard is it to trim the fenders and will it help in the front too?

Comment

Like Jimmy said, stay away from spring over unless you're willing to spend the time and $ to do it right. At this point, you'll have to sell your springs, weld new spring mounts on top of your axles, extend your brake lines and come up with a way to control axle wrap.

There is a easier fix for your clearance problem. It depends on what you want your CJ to look like, but if your willing to run TJ flares and do some sheet metal cutting, you can have plenty of room for 35's.

This is my CJ7 on 37's.

Comment

On my 83', I am running 35" tires. I have 4" suspension lift and 1" body lift. I trimmed the back of the rear fender, because that is where I was rubbing. I will slightly rub the fronts on the inside fender if at full crank, and stuffed. I do not have bumpstops. I do not have rear shocks (for now).

Comment

well i have notice that kits for a spring over are pretty costly. i am going to look into the tj flares does anyone have some good links???

Comment

Originally posted by pspradlin2 View Post
                  well i have notice that kits for a spring over are pretty costly. i am going to look into the tj flares does anyone have some good links???
                  www.ebay.com
                  ERIK

Comment

local craiglist.org also

Comment

well i am getting a body lift tomorrow and i am on the lookout for some tj flares. but i was also tinking about shackels.... i dont want more lift but i do want more travle what can i do for that?

Comment

well i am getting a body lift tomorrow and i am on the lookout for some tj flares. but i was also tinking about shackels.... i dont want more lift but i do want more travle what can i do for that?
                        you have to find out what is limiting your travel.
                        It may be your shocks for down travel or your bump stops for up travel.
                        ERIK

Comment

up travel right now is deff. the fenders and down is the spring as far as i know. how can i post a picture to this thread?

Comment

up travel right now is deff. the fenders and down is the spring as far as i know. how can i post a picture to this thread?
                            read this:
                            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80
                            ERIK

Comment

can i do the same thing with yj fender flares that tj flares will do?

Comment

Working...
                              X