Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control arms?

do any of u run control arm drop brackets. what do u think?

Why would you want to drop your CA? If anything you want to get them up out of the way.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt they do that for a softer ride.
      Actually the Nth degree short arm setup uses a drop down bracket and in the front it is not that bad since it will slide on the control arm and then down the bracket if it's made right. Since it's an XJ the rear has leafsprings

Comment

I run the Nth degree Jyro joint short arm system
        it does have drop brackets
        when you see what it does to the geometry of the lift and feel the ride on and off trail you will be amazed.
        Long are lifts are designed to overcome the degree a short arm lift needs to drop. A few companies have developed drop brackets that give you back the correct geometry with out having to deal with the issues of a long arm lift.
        I have never been a fan of long arms, but we are not here to discuss long vs short here.
        Anyway, once the brackets are installed and you have the flat geometry again the jeep rides as good as original and has the articulation and clearances you lifted for. I have wheeled the system for over 3 years and must admit I think it was one of the best mods I ever made. I also am known for doing something and throwing it away if it does not work but the drop brackets do work.
        I know Dick Cepek made them and there is some guy on the web who has some for sale, AEV bought all of Nths patents but I do not know if the short arm Jyro Joint lift is still available. All J Products in Big Bear could hook you up with any Nth stuff, they were a long time dealer and are a AE dealer.
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Why would you want to drop your CA? If anything you want to get them up out of the way.
          In 3 years of running the Nth short arm system with drop brackets I never had an issue with the arms being in the way, however I have seen a lot of long arm systems hung up on rocks.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

we suggest using a drop bracket with a short arm kit. it definitely helps out with the ride for those who drive on and off the road.
            Store Wide Discount for MJR members
            Enter "MJR" in the Discount Coupon field - www.tandjperformance.com - http://www.barnettperformance.net

Comment

Yes if you are going over 3" of lift the drop brackets accomplish a couple of things. They return the control arm angles closer to stock, smoothing out the ride and they increase the amount the front axle can droop.

Comment

Working...
              X