Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks on JK

Howdy,

I'm thinking it is about time to start tweaking the truck. I'm looking at a 2 inch suspension lift (so it wil still fit in the garage and Liz can still climb into it The OME nitrocharger sport shocks and matching springs seem to get a good write up around the place. Does anyone with a JK Unlimited have any feedback on what has/hasn't worked for this type of lift?

Cheers

Hey Bro!

It doesn't look like we have anyone with experience in this area. It's been a little while, so what are you going to go with?

Mike
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Howdy Mike,

Well it looks like the Nitrochrager Sport shocks won't be available until late November for the JK so I have decided to go with the tried and tested basic Nitrochargers. I'm also going with medium duty springs to keep things relatively soft as I don't have any heavy bars or a winch etc to try and offset.

Have also ordered the Panhard extension bracket to keep things centred.

This setup seems to get pretty good press online and the "after" pics that are around look pretty good.

Kit should be here by mid Oct so will post pics when installed.

Comment

Ha! You DO know that this is just the first step for many to come, don't you? Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Job Done

Howdy,

Well the new suspension was fitted last Friday. I think it looks great and whilst I haven't had a chance to play off road yet it cetainly seems to handle as good as stock onroad. The final lift was just over three inches but I'm expecting it to settle a little. Fits in the garage (just) and so far Liz hasn't done a face plant getting out of it thinking it is still at the lower height

[IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Throw some 35's on it and it will look good!

Comment

Cool Tycho! The Jeep has a good stance with the new lift. I like it. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

[/COLOR]

Comment

Tycho sez: ...and so far Liz hasn't done a face plant getting out of it thinking it is still at the lower height"

Roger sez: "a face plant by the wife does not a good marriage make"
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

But maybe a good Youtube video

She has talked seriously about getting a collapsable step! Another friend of mime said this is the only vehilce that he thought he may need a run up to get into

Comment

Working...
                  X