Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring replacement

Does anyone have the spring type used to increase load capacity on a 2004 TJ, I have heard a cherokee rear spring is OK, any ideas? 4 in Superlift in place, weak springs in place need replacement. Thanks

Check out Rubicon Express. You can purchase full kits or springs only. They offer a 5.5" spring.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/
    Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

i dont think that will fix his problem, he wants more load not more height, a stiffer spring not a taller one. i find lifted vehicles in general seem to not be able to hold as much as stock. we got tons of lifted fullsize trucks in to work and even partially loaded with a trailer they squat like mad in the rear, i dunno with thats cause now they have more room to do so, or if the lift leafs are weaker tha factory..im not sure.

Comment

Adding a leaf can do the trick. I haven't done it to a Jeep. But, I have done it to a truck and suburban with success.

Lift leafs are usually weaker. On my 2003 F250 Diesel I did a 4" and keep the rear stock leafs and just did a block and a add-a-lef so I keep the factory payload.

Comment

I just replaced the front coils in my TJ with some stiffer springs and so far I'm happy. I had Teraflex 4" springs, but after moving the front axle forward and putting them at a slight angle they seemed to droop. Adding a winch this past year didn't help things; predictably the nose would dive harder when hitting dips and whoops on trails.

My new springs are Rough Country, and I'm not even sure what they were originally made for (no model #). I just thought I'd try them out because they're the right size--just a tighter winding. Anyway, my Jeep handles better and sits a littler higher in the front now, which is what I wanted.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

What height lift are you running? If 4" or over, the AEV (formerly Nth Degree) rear spring relocation brackets help quite a bit with this. Or, a number of people put air bags inside the springs to compensate for abnormal weight loads, like towing a trailer, etc...
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I bought the OME HD springs for the rear of my jeep because it fixed the rear sag after loading the jeep up
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Thanks all you folks, I am kinda looking at a set of Waggoneer springs to start with, cheap and effective I hope. Anyone going to Anza Borrego for the Borregofest. Jeeps wanted,

Comment

when is that again?
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                  X