Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOA lift

i wanted to do this to my yj but don't know how to. i made the mistake to do a 2 1/2 lift and its just too low. to save money i decided i should just go with the SOA conversion. is this a hard conversion? how much money am i really looking at? i have a rubi lift kit. 2 1/2 with 33 and rear lock rite locker. i wheel alot and need more clearance for the rocky trials...

Are you doing it yourself? If so, Patton's in Hesperia has the parts you will need. Or some of it. If not, I can recommend someone.

Keep me posted.

Comment

i would but i have no clue of how to do it... So, how much does patton charge for the conversion?

Comment

how much do tyou have in the budget for such a lift?
        What size tires do you hope to run after lifting it?
        What size tires are you running now?
        What transmission and gear ratio are in your axles?

There are a few questions that have to be answered before you lean toward the not so great SOA.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

dude, don't do a SOA just yet! try a 1" body lift first, it will save you so much $$ and grief! I would never do more than a 1" body lift, but that 1" will get you the little bit you need to clear your 33" tires right now for less than $100-

if you really want to do a SOA lift you need the right springs, a welder to re-do spring perches, longer brake lines, new u-bolts, longer shocks, it really adds up fast! :2:
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Dont forget the steering issues, and longer shocks, plus all of the crap to prevent spring wrap.
            ERIK

Comment

All that crap to prevent spring wrap is why I would not do an SOA lift. You can get all kinds of flex spring under and your steering gear is still somewhat protected by the springs.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

get yourself a "good" SUA lift in the 4"-4.5" variety.
                I ran the rubicon Express 4.5" SUA for a long time and it worked well with my 35" tires on all sorts of trails including those in JV.

I dont recommend RE specifically for their bottom of the barrel customer service. Their parts are nice but service is shit.

I have been told that BDS springs are supple, and offer a no questions asked replacement warranty. (verify)

If you get nice springs and spend some time getting crap out of the rocks like the shock mounts, front sway bar links, body mounts, etc... you can make your jeep really work on a SUA suspension.
                ERIK

Comment

Working...
                X