Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: SATANS JEEP! :devil:

RAGE!! thats what im filled with currently. my jeep, which i love dearly is being a major pain in the A$$ every time i try to work on it!

when i did the ball joints and ujoints instead of maybe 8 hours it took me 26.

when i did the lift instead of around 4-6 as i was quoted it took me 12

tonight when i went to change my front sway bar links they were seized into the swaybar so now i am going to have to drill them out tomorrow at work on the drill press!!! once again another short job taking forever!

this weekend i plan on doing my oilpan seal, chaincase seal/timing chain and gears as well as a few other odds and ends, who wants to make bets as to how long that will take???

worst part is its not like im an amatuer (not completely) i always have real mechs working with me when im doing this stuff, and it even trumps them!! so heres knocking on wood that its smooth sailing from here? :bonk:

Have you tried a little PB Blaster and maybe a pickle fork on the sway bar links? That should do the trick.

Im pretty sure that oil pan and chain case seal are going to be a pain (more the chain case) I would look at a all weekend for that.

Yup, if its not one thing its another. Ive learned that if you try to do something in a hurry, it normally doesnt get done right and also that nothing goes as planned, always have to account for the trips to the hardware store, the broken bolt, etc...

Good luck though.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

pb blaster isnt sold in canada!!!! i had one can, every time i go to north dakota i get some.

if i had a pickle fork i would have used it...instead i hacksawed off both sides (bolt and the link) and now im going to just drill the hole out. and then punch the remainder of the shoulder out i hope..

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
        pb blaster isnt sold in canada!!!! i had one can, every time i go to north dakota i get some.

if i had a pickle fork i would have used it...instead i hacksawed off both sides (bolt and the link) and now im going to just drill the hole out. and then punch the remainder of the shoulder out i hope..
        haha damn well thats one way to do it i guess. Must have been a pain to hack both ends off of each side.

ahhh another reason to live in the US... PB Blaster
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Sounds like a case of road salt blues, only way to get around it is move to southern California.

Comment

Jim,

On a 4.2L you have to take off one of motor mounts and jack up one side of the engine to get the oil pan off. This of course is after you remove the starter & a cross member.. I don't know about newer Jeeps. But I'm going to guess it will be an all day job!

What day this weekend are you planning on doing this work?
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
              ahhh another reason to live in the US... PB Blaster
              Another good signature possibility!
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Maybe you jeep needs an exorsim? If I were you I,d say a quick prayer before this weekebnd...LOL...Good Luck my bro!!
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Jim,

On a 4.2L you have to take off one of motor mounts and jack up one side of the engine to get the oil pan off. This of course is after you remove the starter & a cross member.. I don't know about newer Jeeps. But I'm going to guess it will be an all day job!

What day this weekend are you planning on doing this work?
                  Its not quite that difficult on the newer ones. You will have to disconnect the exhaust from the header to the cat. That's really about the only think in the way.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/feature/r...-installation/
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

See if these guys will ship to you http://www.kanolabs.com/ the aerokroil makes pb blaster look weak!
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

PB Blaster! I work at a Land Rover dealership in parts, I'm looking at 3 cans of the stuff right now. Our techs swear by it!

Comment

pb blaster is way better than like wd-40 for sure! i agree that it is road salt blues, i would move to southern cali for sure except for the bad healthcare, housing prices, crime, smog, forest fires, earthquakes, lack of jobs (or so i hear). i will stick to canada where the air is clean the healthcare is free and nothing is trying to kill me. even if we dont have pb blaster

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
                          pb blaster is way better than like wd-40 for sure! i agree that it is road salt blues, i would move to southern cali for sure except for the bad healthcare, housing prices, crime, smog, forest fires, earthquakes, lack of jobs (or so i hear). i will stick to canada where the air is clean the healthcare is free and nothing is trying to kill me. even if we dont have pb blaster

I love stereo-types backed up by uncredited rumors...

Bad health care? I have great health care through Kaiser, havent ever had a problem with them at all. (I also could have health care through my work, and guess what my college also would pay for my health care...)

Housing prices? The house i live in now was bought for $250K. Its a 4 bedroom 2 bath on a little less then an acre of land, 2 car over sized garage, gated front yard yada yada yada...

Crime? come on now, theres crime everywhere, you cant justify that a whole state has high crime rates because of one city. Did you know:

Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg
                          In 2004, Winnipeg had the fourth-highest overall crime rate among Canadian Census Metropolitan Area cities listed, with 12,167 Criminal Code of Canada offenses per 100,000 population;
                          Smog and Forest Fires? Those are everywhere, that is just a lazy assumption.

Earthquakes? What about the Manitoba river flooding all the time. Again, natural disasters are something that occur everywhere. The last time there was an earthquake that did anything of harm to my property was in 1994, that was 15 years ago. I feel pretty safe.

Lack of Jobs? I applied for a job about 3 months ago, It was the only job i applied for, I got the job 2 weeks after i applied... Seems ok to me.

Ive never had anyone try to kill me. Both Canada and my home cities air quality are rated good...

Are there any other rumors youve heard?
                          Last edited by swbooking; 05-21-09, 08:28 PM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

What are you doing swbooking??? This state is over populated enough as it is! Let these guys up in Canada believe this :poop: while they are shivering and shoveling snow half the year while we're down here in paradise!!!
                            Last edited by Schmo; 05-21-09, 08:54 PM.
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                              What are you doing swbooking??? This state is over populated enough as it is! Let these guys up in Canada believe this :poop: while they are shivering and shoveling snow half the year while we're down here in paradise!!!

hahahaha true...

Actually, i retract that statement, Ca sucks.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X