Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested out the lift and tires.

Didn't know if I should start a new thread or not. I took it out in Apple Valley on Bowen Ranch Rd. Stayed on main road. It goes into a OHV only area pretty much at one point. Here is what I noticed. On the way there. Jeep is a little choppy. Not sure if the nitrogen shocks would have been a better choice? I went with RC 2.2 shock. It's an upgrade to their 8.0 (or something) hydraulic shock. Once on the dirt (trail) ride was better. I kind of wonder if the hydraulic shock is better for dirt and trail riding and nitorgen is better for street? Tires do rub on the trail. The clutch slips a little off the line. No vibration from 0-65mph that I noticed. Drive shaft is out about 1/4-1/2" out from TC from the stock position.
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-16-09, 07:05 AM.

Went to the store alone so I could play with the Jeep and check it out. The u-joints do bind at take off and right before I stop. I can feel/hear the vib. Looks like a SYE is next. Bummer.

Comment

And you thought a wife and a kid was expensive....

Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Starting to see that.

Comment

Ron,

Give that thing more than 5 minutes to stretch and flex and settle in. The SYE is probly a necessity. But the ride will hopefully settle. What tire pressure are you running? Call me this morning if you are home and I'll swing by, Big Bear won't be till later this afternoon.

Mitch

Comment

Ok. Wasn't sure about the choppy ride. If it was a shock issue or?

32psi on the tires.

I'll call you this morning.

I talked to Scott last night. Not sure if I can make it. Wife works and I watch the little one until 4:30pm.

Comment

you can probably lower your tires down to 26-28 to get a little comfort back

Comment

I always thought 28psi was to low? That's why Ford had the issue with the explorer? Is that what you run?

Comment

The Maxxis tires are fairly stiff. You might even look into 25 in the front and 20 in the rear.
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                    The Maxxis tires are fairly stiff. You might even look into 25 in the front and 20 in the rear.
                    On the road or trails?

Comment

28 isnt too low for a big tires. as the tire gets bigger you can fill it with less air and it will still be able to handle the same load. you dont want to run 26-28 in stock tires on the street but for 33 or 35 inch tires that should be fine. i run 26-28 in my jeep. i put it up to 28 if i have a long high way drive but keep at around 26 for the most part

Comment

I thought it was more for heat than support? Ok. I'll adjust them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                          On the road or trails?
                          Road (pavement)

Many of my friends and I run 26-29 psi on pavement....with 35's
                          Last edited by tony m; 05-16-09, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Fair enough. I see if I notice a difference. At first they had 35psi. The ride was rough. At 32psi I noticed a difference.

Comment

I have always run 28 psi on the streets and 12 psi when doing the trails...8 psi for sand dunes.

Comment

Working...
                              X