Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tires and 4" lift. (pictures of lift AND tires!)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE!!
    I may have to come by and check that out.
    Scott
    Last edited by Dezertdog; 05-15-09, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Should be done today.

Comment

Well, wife drove it home. She was excited. I took it for a spin before we went home. So, more input in a few days Dawn (wife) said 5th gear was ok on 210fwy but not ok on the 15fwy coming home. Tires were quiet. She never heard them at all. Ride was better than she thought. She was worried it was going to be "rough". She said it wasn't bad at all. I set tires at 32 psi. She said she never felt a vibration. I will have someone look it at and see how far out that shaft is for safety reason if someone doesn't mind coming over, or I will go there.

Enjoy the picture. We are happy and think it turned out good. Honestly, I can see a 1-2" body lift soon though. lol

Comment

Nice looking Jeep. Now you need a tire carrier to carry a spare you can actually use. Those tires will get louder, it’s almost guaranteed. Just keep up with your alignments to prevent the tires from cupping. When I got my tire carrier bumper I was impressed the most not by the hard core rock protection, but by the ride improvement. The added weight behind the rear axle reduced the bucking over bumps and smoothed out the freeway ride. Your Jeep is so clean. Big Bear will change that.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

<----Big grin! Ok. now laughing. I try to keep my stuff clean.

Someone on here had one built. I have PM'd him. He bought all the stuff and had a buddy weld it. Well see what happens.
            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13903
            Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-15-09, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I bought one from THIS GUY in corona. He gave it to me for $400 because I paid cash and picked it up at his house. It was ready 2 weeks after I ordered it. He has a :poop: website but the bumpers are good quality for the $$. If I could do it over again I would look into buying the tire carrier/ fuel can carrier separately thru OR Fab. I like that the tire carrier is not constantly leveraging on the bumper or more importantly the rear core support. But at over $700 before you even put a bumper on, I’ll keep looking.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

So you like the rear mount above the rear light or on the bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                  I bought one from THIS GUY in corona. He gave it to me for $400 because I paid cash and picked it up at his house. It was ready 2 weeks after I ordered it. He has a :poop: website but the bumpers are good quality for the $$. If I could do it over again I would look into buying the tire carrier/ fuel can carrier separately thru OR Fab. I like that the tire carrier is not constantly leveraging on the bumper or more importantly the rear core support. But at over $700 before you even put a bumper on, I’ll keep looking.
                  Supposedly his brother-in-law (or something like that) is going to "hook him up" with a better website soon. I'll keep looking... :devil:
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I like the one that doesnt attache to the bumper. The wieght of the tire carrier puts a lot of leverage on bolts that are only 3 1/2 inches appart.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Let me add. The drive shaft looks (by old marks) about 1/4-1/2 out from the TC than it was before the lift. Good or bad? I am not sure.

Comment

Looking sharp...time to wheel that puppy..lol.
                        Enjoy!

Comment

Nice

Looks very good..Congratulations, job well done.
                          Fredo

Comment

Thanks guys!

Any input on the drive shaft?

Comment

Working...
                            X