Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with suspension

Hello everybody
    I am hoping that someone can help me decide on a suspension lift for my 06 TJ.
    I'm not to crazy with body lifts so I don't want to go there.
    My 06 TJ has 3.73 gears, I want to put 33's on it, I don't go butt wield like I used to in the old days, I just want the looks and be able to cross some streams and cruz some trails and even play in the mud in the winter time. OH by the way.. this is my daily driver too.
    Can anybody suggest some kits that might work for me?
    Is Rough Country a good kit?
    I was looking at this one (3.5 lift) http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_3.html
    or should i stick with Rancho or Rock Krawler??
    Thanks

TnT Customs
    Claytons Offroad
    Rubicon Express
    Rock Krawler

Those are about the only companies id even consider.

RE will probably be your best "bang for the buck", but for the most comfort, Id look at long arms if you have the money.

Remember, doing 3.5+ you might need to get an SYE and CV DS. So account for not only buying the actual lift components but everything else that goes along with it.

Youll be a little slow with 3.73s and 33s but shouldnt be too bad. If you have a D35 in the rear, just make sure not to put it through too much or it will break.

HTH
    Last edited by swbooking; 05-12-09, 07:52 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Look at Full Traction s-a, I'm glad I chose it. Long arms are not much benifit until you get over 4".
      '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

I am putting on a rough country lift as we speak (well the shop is) I will post my feedback tomorrow after I drive it Talk to Ryan there (EXT: 123). He will hook you up with a great deal 10% and sometimes more. Just say you heard about him in this forum from Ron in Hesperia! I get nothing out of it nor do I work there. He posted the discount on another forum. He will honor it.

-Ron
        Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-13-09, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I am soooo Jealous!!!!
          i am looking at the 3.5 lift.
          I wont be ready till the end of July.
          What is the name of the shop that is installing your kit??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Comment

Don't forget to send pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo View Post
              I am soooo Jealous!!!!
              i am looking at the 3.5 lift.
              I wont be ready till the end of July.
              What is the name of the shop that is installing your kit??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
              Thanks. We have waited since Sept' 08 to buy a Jeep and lift it with some tires. The rest will come.

I took it to Off Road Enterprise in Monclair. He has been there since 1982 I think. I remember going there in high school in the 1980's! He has done a few lifts for me (four I think). I usually can find the lift cheaper, so he just does the labor. He is charging me $300. I think it's a fair price.

Comment

how funny...I know this guy, i used to work down the street from his shop that he's at now.
                It's on Holt right? very nice guy.
                Small world.

Comment

Don't forget to send pics..cant wait to see your set up.

( sorry about the spelling..college drop out)

Comment

No worries. My hands type faster than my mind works these days. My wife is the college girl with a degree (Nurse) and am the labor in the family that works twice as hard for half of her pay!

Comment

how funny...I know this guy, i used to work down the street from his shop that he's at now.
                      Small world.
                      You are correct! Across from the bowling alley. Used to have that huge lifted blue truck for years out front (80's). Probably dated myself

Last time when I was in there, I was showing my wife the old pictures. Yes, he busted out his old photo album.

Comment

Small world.
                        Really cool people,Few years back they put a lift on my first TJ.

Comment

Working...
                        X