Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My jeep can’t flex

We at least not all the way. I had my 05 Unlimited on a lift doing some tightening and routine adjustments and didn’t have my disconnects pinned. I noticed the passenger side was much higher then the drivers side. After looking closer I discovered the driver side upper control arm was resting on the looped portion of the exhaust pipe. I guess I have three options to not hit the pipe when flexing. Leave the disconnects pinned, re-route the exhaust or put a suspension on that doesn’t have the upper control arm. Anybody got a better idea?

Got any pics?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

No, didn't have a camera

But the arm is clearly resting on the factory pipe. Even if it were notched by a half inch it would still touch. It's strange to think it would hit but I also don't think the engineers really gave much thought to people disconnecting their sway bars.

Comment

It's possible that the axle isn't centered causing the arm to rub. I'm not too far from you in Temecula, I'd be happy to take a look at it if you'd like.

I just re-read your post and I assume you mean pass. side exhaust, not driverside.

If its the pass. side a couple things come to mind. Axle not centered, engine shifted over somehow (broke motor mount), not stock exhaust. I just crawled under our 2002 and I don't see a way for the exhaust to get under the arm enough to hang it up.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look at it.

Edit: Another possibility is that the track bar is binding up, which will hold up the pass. side more then the driver side. If the arm is near or touching the exhaust, it would look like the axle is getting hung by the exhaust.
        Last edited by Dukes69; 04-22-09, 11:21 PM.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I pm'd you

Comment

Working...
          X