Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring question

If I change my springs from 4" to 5" springs, will I need to get longer shocks or will they still work?
    WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

They will "work," as long as they're not too short to begin with. Out of curiosity, whats the reason for the switch?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
      They will "work," as long as they're not too short to begin with. Out of curiosity, whats the reason for the switch?
      Well when I get my new axle I'm going to put 35's on so I'll need to go up an inch. I currently have a Currie 4" lift. So it's either new springs or a 1" body lift when I get the tires.

Comment

I would look at getting a good quality 1" body lift. While the springs will work just as well a good 1" BL doesn't hurt anything and could help "fitting" other parts in the future, gas tank skid, center skid, raised motor mounts, etc. Plus you don't have to worry about shock length.
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

X2 on the 1"BL, you'll save a lot of tyme and $$ goin' this route, and your 35's will fit nice...
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about just doing the body lift. I was planning on the belly up and the gas tank skid as well. But I might be waiting for now because I got demoted today due to our economy. At least I still have a job.

Comment

do the body lift, when you get time and money you can belly up, nothing is as cost effective as a belly up for adding to the breakover of a TJ. Once you do it you will wonder why you had never done it before.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to do the body lift, but I do need to replace my springs though. What is a good spring that will hold up to the weight of the corner crushers and tire carrier? I have currie springs and the back is way too soft. It bottoms out pretty easy in the back. A buddy of mine has the medium rate RE springs and doesn't have a problem, even weighted down but no corner crushers. I was thinking about trying those springs out.

Comment

Originally posted by jkcrazyjim2 View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to do the body lift, but I do need to replace my springs though. What is a good spring that will hold up to the weight of the corner crushers and tire carrier? I have currie springs and the back is way too soft. It bottoms out pretty easy in the back. A buddy of mine has the medium rate RE springs and doesn't have a problem, even weighted down but no corner crushers. I was thinking about trying those springs out.
                  I've run the 3.5 and 4.5 inch RE spring and they've worked well for me. However my rigs are fairly light. I would suggest finding the various spring rates for the different manufactures and compare then to what you have now.
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I have a set of 4.5 inch rubicon express springs I would possibly trade straight across for your curry springs. pm sent

Comment

I went with the 4 inch spring lift and already had the one inch body lift, I,m doing fine with the shock,s that are for the 4 inch lift...
                      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

my 35s clear no prob with 4 inch lift and 1 inch BL but one thing i can say is i am done with skyjacker shocks!!! Booooooo

Comment

I had the same problem with the Currie 4" lift standard rear springs when I added weight to the back. I upgraded to the Currie HD rear springs and everything leveled out nicely. IMO, they shouldn't even sell the standards to anyone, who puts on a 4" lift and doesn't wind-up carrying a big tire (and other heavy junk) in the back?

Comment

Working...
                          X