Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teraflex revolver ?'s

I want to know if the revolver shackels are any good because I am looking at them along with the z-boxesfor my cj5 restoration, and I herd someone saying they broke a pair fairly easily. Any replies would be appreciated.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!

I have a friend who had them on all four corners and the only problem he had was the rears opening on a VERY steap climb over a rock ect. He removed them from the rear and nervr had any problems. He gave me the ones he took off the rear and I have them on the front of my YJ. they are great with my SOA set up I have 32 inches of drop from the top of the shock to the bottom.
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

I've had revolver shackles on the back of my '59 Willys pick-up for a couple of years with no problems. However, I'm curious as to why you would include them on a restoration project since they were never standard equipment on any Jeep vehicle...

Comment

He's not restoring it he's in the process of building it. But since I'm his dad if the grades don't improve it will remain a hanger queen! but really he's only 15 and building his first jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazdevil
          He's not restoring it he's in the process of building it. But since I'm his dad if the grades don't improve it will remain a hanger queen! but really he's only 15 and building his first jeep.
          Yeah ! Better Grades mean Better upgrades !

Comment

Originally posted by Tazdevil
            Right on! My first Jeep project was a 1943 GPW that may very well have run over a land mine at one point. It was a lot of work, but a blast to wrench on and wheel! Knuckle down and keep the grades up; it will yield life-long benefits!

Comment

I have a buddy who just installed Teraflex revolvers front and rear on his CJ-7 a month ago.

He is already in the process of removing the rears after 2 trips on the trails runing them front and rear.

Works out good for me since i'll be getting his rears for free. His issues were the same as listed above.
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
              AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
              15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
              33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
              FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
              Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
              RE Hand Throttle
              Optima Red Top
              K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Working...