Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delete track bar?

JusT a YJ question...

i was thinking of buying a jks sliding track bar for my yj but the guy that worked at the shop said its not necessary. he told me just to take out my stock track bar and it will still drive fine. he told me that the a stock cj dont even come with one. never done it before so don't know how it will run. anyone in here has ever ran there yj with no track bar or their jks forgetting to tighten the nut after offroading? i think that would be like not having one.

ok.. i'll just try it out and see if deleting the track bar runs good for me. i scrolled down and read a thread that was already posted up and found my answer.
    thanks...

Comment

You can take them out..you will prob just feel a bit more play in the steering wheel,

Comment

Hey Larry,

Kevin's right, you can take it out! I took stock trackbar out after I lifted my YJ and at the same time, I removed my swaybar also. I drove it around like that for several months and found that it was chewing up my front tires real fast! I put it back in and the tire problem went away! That's why I opted for the JKS trackbar. at around $220 a tire I couldn't afford not too!

Scott
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Larry,

I have a JKS track bar and I can tell if I don't tighten it after a run, but it's not something that I've stopped to tighten on the road. A little mushy in the steering. I tossed the sway bar over a year ago when I put on the U-Bolt flip kit from Dynatrac. A little leaning in turns but no big deal for me.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
          X