Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle off center need advice

Recently upgraded to a 2 1/2" Rough Country coil lift kit. According to other forums it's hit and miss if an adjustable track bar or bracket is needed. Looks like both my axles have shifted about 1/2" to the pasenger side, had the alignment checked and with a small tweak I'm back in factory spec. I want to do the job properly and install the track bars but I'm a bit short on cash right now, do you think it will do any harm to drive the Jeep as is for a couple of months until get the money together to install new bars?
    Thanks,
    2000 LJ

youl be fine, what did you do to temp fix it, redrill the hole to compensate for the misaligned axle, on axle end..

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
      youl be fine, what did you do to temp fix it, redrill the hole to compensate for the misaligned axle, on axle end..
      Didn't do anything yet, the guy in the tire shop was able to get me back in factory spec by adjusting toe and caster even with axles slightly off center.

Comment

i'd get the track bar. the redrilled points have a reputation for wallowing themselves out and then you prime yourself for the dreaded DW...

Comment

imo, both points are the same, the stock point will oval also, thats a whole other fix, easy one though......

Comment

does this happen on tj's aswell as xj's? does one need an adjustable track bar for both front and rear?

Comment

Nothing will be harmed by running the stock track bars, for now. Save up your coins and get a nice trackbar like a Currie or JKS.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

If you get a rear currie traclbar get their extension bracket since the johnny joint is wider than the stock bushing or the heim joints in other aftermarket trackbars

Comment

it can and will happen if you wheel it hard enough, with a stock track bar or aftermarket.

Comment

Working...
                  X