Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ Track Bars

I hear a lot of people take off the track bars, is this a good idea or do you really need them?
    I have a 4" pro comp lift and shackles and the track bars have relocation brackets on them.

Curt,

I'm running a 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty lift with a 1" body lift. When I did the U-bolt flip, I eliminated the sway bar completely, and added an JKS sliding track bar. But I've forgot to re-tighten the track bar several times and I can't tell the difference. I know that Jesse (Kodiak Spirit) has eliminated both the sway bar and track bar on his YJ. You can always take it off and cruise around to see how it handles.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch

I'm asking because I noticed my rear track bar came loose and I tightened it today. I only have the relocation brackets on mine and it don't look like it would travel enough. I also have longer shackels so I am at 5" lift.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        Curt,

I'm running a 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty lift with a 1" body lift. When I did the U-bolt flip, I eliminated the sway bar completely, and added an JKS sliding track bar. But I've forgot to re-tighten the track bar several times and I can't tell the difference. I know that Jesse (Kodiak Spirit) has eliminated both the sway bar and track bar on his YJ. You can always take it off and cruise around to see how it handles.

Mitch
        Ditto on the RE lift/body lift and JKS bar.

I also got rid of the sway bars because I felt that they were unnecessary weight for the 2.5L to be moving around.

Without the front track bar I can feel the front end moving around while steering. (side to side movement) It may or may not bother you, but I can feel and it bugs me. It seems like the front end takes a little longer to respond to your inputs on the street.

The Rubicon Express instructions tell you to remove the rear track bar when adding the 4.5" lift.
        Money pit!

Comment

PDW

Thanks for the input, I do drive my jeep almost daily and I drive it on some long trips when I go hunting... maybe I'll leave everything where it belongs and switch to a adjustable track bar.

Comment

I agree! I have a 4.5 inch Superlift and I have removed the rear track bar all together. (much better rear articulation!) I did remove the front track bar and front sway bar for awhile and did not like the response in handling so, I put the sway bar back in and went with JKS disconnects and I went with the JKS telescoping front track bar and it handles so much better now! I can still unhook everything and get some serious front articulation when needed off road!

Last edited by avjeepfreek; 02-25-09, 08:11 AM.
            "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

AVJEEPFREEK

Removing the rear track bar didn't cause any extra viberation or problems ?? I have the same quick disconnects so I'll get the adjustable front track bar soon...
              Curt

Comment

Scott,

What's up? You starting a YJ flex-a-thon? OK..... No sway bars, JKS telescoping track bar in front, no track bar in the rear.

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 02-23-09, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbz692 View Post
                  AVJEEPFREEK

Removing the rear track bar didn't cause any extra viberation or problems ?? I have the same quick disconnects so I'll get the adjustable front track bar soon...
                  Curt
                  I didn't get a bit of rear end vibration by removing the rear track bar! It's not needed and everyone YJ owner I've ever talked to say's get rid of it! You will love that Telescoping front track bar it's worth the $$!

Comment

YJ flex-a-thon

:hijack:[QUOTE=great88;123297]Scott,
                    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 02-25-09, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Looking for more!

Comment

Somebody had a quote " The looser the bolts, the more flex". I thought that the shackles were supposed to move with the flex of the leaf springs. But I don't have it all figured out yet.

Your Jeep Rock's Scott!

Comment

Yes, Sorry! We got carried away there!

Moving the Flex-a-thon thread Here! http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13385
                          Last edited by avjeepfreek; 02-25-09, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                            Yes, Sorry! We got carried away there!

Moving the Flex-a-thon thread Here! http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13385
                            Sweet...

Thanks guys! I cleaned up a few of the posts here since the new thread is on track!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X