Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long arm -short arm??

I'm new at this and think I want to lift my 95 XJ a bit. I'm not a serious rock crawler, just an old guy who wants to go explore off road and go on some MJR trail runs. What is the whole long arm short arm thing about? I'm thinking I need 3 inches of lift but I've been told to go 4.5 or I'll regret it! I'm thinking Rusty's but am open to suggestions from locals here who know our desert. Here is XJ as of now. I just ordered Rok rails from AJ's.
    Thanks, Gregg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73...XJ21009002.jpg
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

what trails do you want to play on next year?
    how about now?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Honestly, I'd run it stock for as long as you can. Add the armor and have fun. Replace stuff as you need, these really wheel nice stock for most trails.

As far as the long arm short arm that's for TJ's.

Looking at your picture you already have a high pinion front axle that stock TJ's don't.

repeat: Honestly, I'd run it stock for as long as you can.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Thank you. It does pretty well as is. I just enjoy exploring. I talked to a few of the guys at the M&G and was told MJR does quite a bit of that type of trail runs. I'm going to Death Valley next month with some friends and that will be a good test I think. I did the edges of bullfrog a while back and was surprised what it would do. I banged the hitch once. I have rockrails on order and then I'm thinking Rusty's 3 inch just to get it up a bit and then a skid plate for the T/C area.
        Gregg Turk
        West Oak Hills
        greggturk.com

Comment

lift

I'd go with the Rubicon Express system....whether it's 4.5" , long or short arm. What you really need to keep in mind is the extent of wheeling you'll be doing. I had a 1994 xj with a R.E 4.5" short arm kit...it was awesome. A long arm kit is usually good for lifts more than 4" or for people that want the most flex out of their system. Also, L/A kits are also usually alot more costly. Here's a pic of my old XJ with the lift. It is pretty tall for 4.5" lift.

MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
          D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

Comment

Thanks, That tells me a lot. I don't want to go that high for sure. I am not a serious rock crawler by any means. I just want to explore and be able to go on MJR runs and watch you young people break stuff.
            Gregg Turk
            West Oak Hills
            greggturk.com

Comment

Working...
            X