Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" spring question?

I want to put 3" springs on my 97TJ and my ? is who makes good quality 3"springs?

I see OME,Rusty's offroad,Rancho and a few others make a 3" coil. Does anyone have any experience or know much about these?

I have been slowly pieceing my lift together and all the components i have are for a 3-4" lift and mainly my billstein 5100's which are for a 3" lift.So I want to stay in the 3" range.

I would like some RE springs but I have heard there 3.5" springs are basically 4".

Hope this makes sense.

A lift 'peaced-together' is wrong. If you're going to put it on the road, stay under 2" until you're ready to do a kit. A body lift might help.
    '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Originally posted by kcruisin View Post
      A lift 'peaced-together' is wrong. If you're going to put it on the road, stay under 2" until you're ready to do a kit. A body lift might help.
      What's wrong with a pieced together lift? As long as you have all of the needed components it's just fine.

While I didn't start with a pieced together lift, that's what mine has become. My Jeep had a Pro Comp 4" lift on it, but I've been replacing parts with better pieces as I can. Swapped the CA's for Curries, and the shocks for softer riding Skyjacker Hydros. Perfectly safe, and it works a million times better than the "kit" that was on it.

As for the 3" springs, out of the ones listed OME has a good rep for having a nice ride, but I haven't used any of them, so I don't know.
      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I do agree with Steve that it's better to install a "kit" than to peice one together, but that's because all of the geometry homework has (hopefully) been done by the manufacturer. Then there is the warranty, customer support, etc.
        Having said that... I've been riding on a hodgepodge of parts from different lifts for four years and have had very few problems. But if you don't know what is required for your vehicle to be safe both on and off the road, I'd stick to a kit. There are places to save money on a build, but safety should come first.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
        X