Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OME HD Kit for '06 LJ

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to the forum and wheeling; I have a stock 2006LJ with Rubicon tires/rimes, found a posting on Craigslist selling a brand new (still in the box) OME HD lift kit for $600 obo. Daily driver for now so I need to keep the good street manners (wife drives it also) plus don't see myself doing more than easy to moderate trails for a while, you thoughts on the OME Heavy Duty lift for an LJ?
    Thanks

OME makes very good stuff, the price I don't know.
    But then good stuff never comes cheap. OME is known for offering very good riding lift kits

Comment

Hey Mark,

You've got the white LJ and were up in Frazier Park with us last weekend, right? Welcome aboard!!! People who run OME seem to like their product, but I don't think I'd go with that kit for a couple of reasons. First of all, if you are looking to stay with those new 31's for a while, you could save yourself about $300-400 and just pick up a 2" Budget Boost . . . comes with 2" spacers to lengthen the springs, bump stops, and new shocks. Your springs are pretty new and don't seem to be sagging so why replace them, just to replace them again when you decide you want a bigger lift/tires. The biggest reason I'd stay away from that kit is the TC Drop . . . totally defeats the purpose . . . and especially with a LJ, your belly will hang low and you'll get stuck tetter toddering on rocks left and right. Take the money saved and buy some rocker guards, then a locker, and some misc armor and you'll be able to run 95% of the trails out there. Just my :2:
      Last edited by Schmo; 12-27-08, 10:01 AM.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

on an LJ with the longer driveshaft there is no need for a transfercase drop. The main reason people go with the OME setup is that its a very good combination of springs and shocks. Rides very well, but is pricey for what you get. If on and ofroad ride quality is important its a very good choice for a moderate lift

Comment

I have a LJ with 4.5" lift and stock driveshafts that I crawl with no need for TC drop. I had a 2" puck lift first it drove like crap when I put the larger lift it drives close to stock.

Comment

Working...
          X